Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big signing to replace Murray?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I thought this thread was about Muzza's replacement!?

IMHO, target man will come in... experience of at least Championship level...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Murray is believed to be after wages in the region of £10,000 per week, a figure Freedman would struggle to match.

Both Southampton and Millwall would be better placed to reach the Brighton star's requests.

£5K a week plus a goal bonus would seem a lot to me, plus a signing on fee?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
murray in top 5 strikers i have seen at club. been watching since ward days. very difficult to replace with his defensive qualities as well

Maybe I'm being a bit naive, but, surely if we sign the right players in other areas we won't need a striker who is so dominant in defence because there will be defenders, or defensive/centre midfielders who will provide the defensive support Murray provided this season just gone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I expect Muzza's replacement to have real pace, something that Murray will find hard to overcome given the pace of Championship defenders, however much he excels in the air and in other areas.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
At last,somebody's has said it. Murray's lack of pace over anything but the first few yards will most likely be found out very quickly in the Championship. It maybe this that Poyet knows and was not willing to match the wages he wanted.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
murray in top 5 strikers i have seen at club. been watching since ward days. very difficult to replace with his defensive qualities as well

Do you honestly believe that?

He's proved his a good League 1 player, be interesting to see how he gets on without Poyets coaching etc

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Do you honestly believe that?

He's proved his a good League 1 player, be interesting to see how he gets on without Poyets coaching etc

He has become a much better player under Poyet and unfortunately the attributes he has gained under him will now benefit Crystal Palace FC.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nathan Ellington fits the bill, would he fit our pay scale ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope Gus goes for a hungry on the way up striker not a slightly bloated losing interest on the way down star.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here