Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big signing to replace Murray?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Gus wanted to pay murray the money and
Bloom blocked it.
Unrest in camp.

I'm not saying you're wrong as I know absolutely nothing about it, but usually you can tell from the way Poyet comes across in interviews how he feels about things, and he didn't sound all that bothered/desperate to keep Murray. If he was annoyed about not being able to sign him, I would have thought he would have sounded a bit more regretful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus wanted to pay murray the money and
Bloom blocked it.
Unrest in camp.

Which is why the club has just forked out a club record fee for Hoskins. The money is there for the right player. Take note of Gus' interviews over the last 6 months whenever Murray was mentioned.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There will be a big signing coming in. Hoskins is better and we've have even more coming in. We will start next season with a much better squad.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But sounds like TB is watching the money.

no bad thing, if the right players still come in. like Hoskins. its quite evident that Gus isnt that bothered about losing Murray.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
My main disappointment is that he went on a free so didn't get any financial return on the £300k we shelled out for him !

:down:

salfordseagull

Feb 28, 2009
There will be a big signing coming in. Hoskins is better and we've have even more coming in. We will start next season with a much better squad.

Was at a mates wedding today, just got back. During the day I got chatting to a old friend who's an Arsenal fan who had heard Gus is looking at Bendtner on a season long loan as Wenger is looking to get rid. Appreciate its the silly season so will watch with interest to see if anything develops. Personally I'd have thought he'd still get a gig at a Premiership club. Anyway just passing on what I've heard so don't shoot the messenger.

Am not a JCL before the accusations start flying, just a long time lurker deciding to join the conversation...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Dazza, this is an utterly unprovoked attack on you. You're a complete bellend. And a smug one at that. For an agent you're constantly wrong and i wish, as i bet most Albion fans do, that you'd f*** off this site and do some work. Total wannabe agent scum.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Surely the relevant factor in any transfer for us at the moment is the wages not the transfer fee. I'm sure with or without direct help from TB we can raise a pretty big transfer fee but if a player is demanding a wage that far outstrips the wage structure currently in place then that makes the signing impossible. It would upset the balance at the club in terms of the other players and there wages. I get the feeling TB is trying to get the club to run on its financial footing and that means a sensible wage structure.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
People know we are not paupers but Tony Bloom is a shrewd businessman who is not likely to squander cash like a Manchester City owning sheik. We'll be expected to make unrealistic offers for players but unlike Palace we'll live within our means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here