Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big cat sightings

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Just been reading the argus and there has been a big cat sighting in preston park area. When i was growing up in hangleton i remember seeing a rather large cat/creature in burwash road.

So has anyone else had a sighting?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If all these sightings really are "big cats", then how come we have never found any dead ones or have any decent footage of them. All a load of nonense or mistaken identities in my opinion

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I thought I saw one near Fulking once and another near Ditchling, theres a website somewhere listing all the Sussex sightings and the nearest to my house was the Southwick Tunnel....scary!

oh and I BELIEVE!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Does it say who reported it, was it some pissed up old dope-head who just spotted a moggie out on the prowl?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If all these sightings really are "big cats", then how come we have never found any dead ones or have any decent footage of them. All a load of nonense or mistaken identities in my opinion
Or any shit, pawprints, or large amounts of dead livestock (as far as I know, I'm not actually a farmer, but presumably if it was happening they'd be moaning about it, they can't even handle badgers).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Or any shit, pawprints, or large amounts of dead livestock (as far as I know, I'm not actually a farmer, but presumably if it was happening they'd be moaning about it, they can't even handle badgers).

livestock going missing is common, mainly foxes of course but some more uncommon carcasses have been found which dont relate to how foxes kill their prey.

BELIEVE!

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Funny how almost everyone has a camera on their phone but when a Panther turns up in Brighton, no one thinks to take a photo?

Has this story got any links with Preston Panthers boys football club?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
there was a greeat video taken a year or two ago by someone who filmed a Big Cat walking along a traintrack...blatantly a Cat aswell.

BELIEVE!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I thought I saw one near Fulking once and another near Ditchling, theres a website somewhere listing all the Sussex sightings and the nearest to my house was the Southwick Tunnel....scary!

oh and I BELIEVE!

But us locals know all about the "goings on" in Southwick tunnel, so nothing surprises me. Clearly a mutant escaped from the secret bunker.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
16846.jpg

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
livestock going missing is common, mainly foxes of course but some more uncommon carcasses have been found which dont relate to how foxes kill their prey.

BELIEVE!
To be honest I'd like to believe it, it would be cool. But I think if there really was there'd be convincing sightings and more substantive evidence. I was reading about this a while ago, and there was a lynx which escaped a zoo or something and killed about 20 sheep in a month, then got shot. If a Lynx did all that in a short period of time then how are we meant to believe there are panthers running around Sussex but no one can even come cloxse to proving it?

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Spend anytime out in the country and you'll realise its a larder for big cats. More rabbits, deer (breeding out of control in this part of the world) and pheasants than needed to easily supply any number of lynx, pumas or leopards. Someone I know found two lynx in her garden last year nr Chailey. Cornered by her dogs they jumped over the fence. You can't mistake Lynx with anything else. As for decent footage, I would imagine due to the heavily populated nature of our country their modus operandi is nocturnal, but even so there was a clear 5 min vid of that panther on the railway tracks in scotland last year. Occasionally carcasses have been found on roads usally explained away at the time as escaped from an unknown private collection ( i.e. they dont know ). I know a few farmers who have said they wouldnt necessarily tell anyone if they lost animals, and besides there are always those that do alert authorities ( Police usually put alert out for dangerous dogs ). If the evidence is a bit more difficult - like the deep carcass found up a tree in Wales the other year, the local authorities will just ignore it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here