Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Bob Sanchez

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What do young PL first choice keepers with 3 years left on their contracts normally go for ?

£20 million seems like the sale of the century from Mug FC.

£20m is probably just the starting point for negotiations, Newcastle with all their recently acquired Saudi wealth could well be prepared to pay more.

That's if this rumour has any legs on it of course.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There appears to be some seriously bad blood between Newcastle and BHAFC. The fact that there hasn't been an agreement on buying out Ashworth's notice period is pretty unusual, to say the least. I reckon Ashworth must be SERIOUSLY pissed off, and no doubt one way he could react would be to throw a few rumours to his journalist friends. Obviously I have absolutely no proof!

But it was rather delightful to see Newcastle pulled apart yesterday - their defence was all over the place. Will be interesting if they stick with Eddie Howe next season.....

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
£20m is probably just the starting point for negotiations, Newcastle with all their recently acquired Saudi wealth could well be prepared to pay more.

That's if this rumour has any legs on it of course.

Agree, and if using Burn (29, no caps, 18 months left in deal) as a benchmark for £13m I would have thought Sanchez (longer contract, full international,, development / prospect) ends up in the £40m plus category

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agree, and if using Burn (29, no caps, 18 months left in deal) as a benchmark for £13m I would have thought Sanchez (longer contract, full international,, development / prospect) ends up in the £40m plus category

No one will pay £40m for Sanchez in the present climate. Come to think of it, in any climate at all.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No one will pay £40m for Sanchez in the present climate. Come to think of it, in any climate at all.

Good news for us then with him on a long term contract.

Edit: sorry should have added “worth / value to the Albion” based on the above, rather than transfer market value. I would have thought north of 35m we would consider, in view we don’t need to sell

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Krul has already been at the Albion and then left.

Why sell Sanchez? Who is going to replace him?

Firstly, yes I know Tim Krul was with us for a short time - did he play any games though?

Secondly, I wouldn’t like Sanchez to be sold, and you’re right I’m not sure we have anyone of his quality in the Albion ranks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Firstly, yes I know Tim Krul was with us for a short time - did he play any games though?

Secondly, I wouldn’t like Sanchez to be sold, and you’re right I’m not sure we have anyone of his quality in the Albion ranks.

No, he didn't, but obviously wanted to be number one somewhere so went to Norwich when his contract ran out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The bottom line is the Albion have the 6th best defence in the Prem, he is in the Spanish squad, he has 1 1/2 seasons of Prem experience, a great shot-stopper, excellent at claiming crosses.

18 clean sheets in 56 Prem matches is a better ratio than Pickford, Schmeichel, Fabianski, Ramsdale and puts him as one of the top keepers outside the top 6. I don't know where £20 mill came from but it Aaron Ramsdale joined Arsenal from the Championship for £30 million, so there's your starting point.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Newcastle want him for £20m?

Sell him now.

Is Dan Ashworth really doing the gardening? Ashworth was shite anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I assume yr being facetious but if not your naivety is alarming!!! Ashworth is crawling all over this, and not very subtly either!!

One thing is for certain, if any paper trail is discovered then TB will sue his arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't have any objection to selling players. It's part of the game. They come and go.

What I don't like, is letting ourselves be utterly fleeced by mega-rich clubs. If they pay what he's worth to us, then fine. In Sanchez case, much more than 20 mil.

Keeping players happy is great, but the interests of the club must take precedence

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not read all the comments, but has anyone suggested a cash + Dubravka swap deal for Sanchez? I really rate Dubravka.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here