Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Bob Sanchez

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he is sold for £20m to Newcastle I'll personally steal a car, pretend to know how to drive, pretend there is a bridge between Sweden and Brighton, and drown.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Now the alleged target for Newcastle!!

20 million

With Ashworth unofficially a Newcastle man, we’re going to have to put up with constant rumours of that lot trying to nick our players. I suspect there will be many more non-stories before the window closes in August. We might have to start a thread on Brighton-to-Newcastle players and staff. My money is on Morling being the first entry.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
We will collapse at the negotiation table and snatch at the blood money.

They’ll take who they want from us AND for some reason pay under the odds. We should accept nothing less than £35, we’ll settle for something derisory like we did with BDB. Ashworth is playing a blinder.

Fwiw I’m happy for Sanchez to go, means we might score from a few corners next season, but I don’t want us to be mugged off for a 24yo Spanish international GK. That’s a commodity to them to spread their sportswashing message far and wide.

You must be raking it in at car boot sales. :D

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Ashworth unofficially a Newcastle man, we’re going to have to put up with constant rumours of that lot trying to nick our players. I suspect there will be many more non-stories before the window closes in August. We might have to start a thread on Brighton-to-Newcastle players and staff. My money is on Morling being the first entry.
Morling has already been sacked for breech of Covid protocols so they can get him any time they want.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Norwich give him an afternoon off and before you know it he's being spoken about as a possible transfer.

Swap him for Krull? I'm joking.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
You must be raking it in at car boot sales. :D

Do you think £20m is a good deal for RS?

Interesting how opinions are so divided, like 20m isn’t even close, or 20m is a great deal.

However if this does happen I think it wouldn’t be far off this figure. Ashworth working closely on our buy/sell model prior and knows pretty much what Bloom will shake on. Improving squad little at a time for relatively small outlay.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Interesting how opinions are so divided, like 20m isn’t even close, or 20m is a great deal.

However if this does happen I think it wouldn’t be far off this figure. Ashworth working closely on our buy/sell model prior and knows pretty much what Bloom will shake on. Improving squad little at a time for relatively small outlay.
What do young PL first choice keepers with 3 years left on their contracts normally go for ?

£20 million seems like the sale of the century from Mug FC.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
What do young PL first choice keepers with 3 years left on their contracts normally go for ?

£20 million seems like the sale of the century from Mug FC.

Indeed, I agree, irrespective of form, it would be a shockingly low figure. Let's wait and see. Defo still hypothetical...it's a good rumour for the papers to run for a bit.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

To be honest I haven’t got a clue. I like Bob Sanchez, his good performances far outweigh his poor ones. He is susceptible to unforced errors but then so are all goalkeepers. As to his worth who knows? Certain goalies are brilliant with one club then move and are terrible. Our own David Stockdale proved that, as has Joe Hart.

Should Sanchez move on I wouldn’t mind having Tim Krul - a keeper that always seems commanding and knows how to wind up opposition forwards, think how he wound up Maupay on Saturday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be honest I haven’t got a clue. I like Bob Sanchez, his good performances far outweigh his poor ones. He is susceptible to unforced errors but then so are all goalkeepers. As to his worth who knows? Certain goalies are brilliant with one club then move and are terrible. Our own David Stockdale proved that, as has Joe Hart.

Should Sanchez move on I wouldn’t mind having Tim Krul - a keeper that always seems commanding and knows how to wind up opposition forwards, think how he wound up Maupay on Saturday.

Krul has already been at the Albion and then left.

Why sell Sanchez? Who is going to replace him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here