Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Beach Pootique

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Thank you, I left at 8 O clock Danny Tenaglia went on for too long, organisation was gash, felt like there was no policing appart from at the start, toilets way too far away from anything. The whole event is so far removed from what it was and what it stood for when it started its time to wind the whole thing down now I feel.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
thought beardyman and jfb were a different class-but the event as a whole was pants-must admit to singing sussex by the sea - thought fatboy was a bit boring and i didnt really have the same vibe as the first two-and far too many northerners

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The Whip were quality also but why did Beardyman and JFB only get about 25 minutes when it seemed Danny Tenaglia played a near on 2 hour set. How was it getting out at the end?

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
i left half way through the fatboy set,i felt it was a bit boring , it was a nightmare getting out from near the stage- and i didnt realise that many people took pills, obviously opticians are not feeling the credit crunch,hving seen the amont of people wearing sun glasses.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
i left half way through the fatboy set,i felt it was a bit boring , it was a nightmare getting out from near the stage- and i didnt realise that many people took pills, obviously opticians are not feeling the credit crunch,hving seen the amont of people wearing sun glasses.

haha. i thought it was ok but not as good as boutiques gone by....fatboys set was very similar to the one he played at creamfields so i was a bit disappoined.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Fatboy slim is crap!!, He's a producer not a DJ so your gonna get boring sets.
He hasn't got respect from anything but his own music, you must start listening to DJs like Eric Prydz or Carl Cox to really appreciate the art of DJing.

Its a big pop gig now!

D

Deleted User X18H

this appears to have had its day now.......just a load of Brighton wannabees pretending to be Brightonians for the day...............bless em

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Yeah it was overcrowded, but I had a great time! Not a patch on the old ones but still a pretty unique experience, which is good**

**I broke in.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
Fatboy slim is crap!!, He's a producer not a DJ so your gonna get boring sets.
He hasn't got respect from anything but his own music, you must start listening to DJs like Eric Prydz or Carl Cox to really appreciate the art of DJing.

Its a big pop gig now!

Eric Prydz??!! Why don't you get Ultrabeat & Scooter on board whilst you're at it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had a good time, I missed Tenaglia but Layo and Bushwacker seemed to get things going. I certainly enjoyed Fatboy's set but it went a bit flat at times and a number of the tracks were played at the last one on New Year's Day. The general vibe was great though.

Can anyone confirm whether he was playing with vinyl or not?

Went to the Concorde afterparty..South Central were mental. And I am convinced I saw Julie Birchill dancing in stilletos to them.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Eric Prydz??!! Why don't you get Ultrabeat & Scooter on board whilst you're at it?

Have you ever seen Prydz live? I take it all you ever heard from him was 'call on me' which was just released to make shit load of money...hes a very clever man. the stuff hes got on his pryda label is a different thing altogether! And most of his tracks are never released anyway so noother dj can use them in their sets!
And fatboy is a good DJ, maybe not a good mixer but a good set is based on the tunes he plays and the atmosphere he generates. Hes up there with good party dj's like erol lakan, deadmau5, switch imho.

Also it was not a pop fest...sounded more like a stomping house/electro set to me

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

:nono:mate, Prydz is an awesome DJ, don't judge him on 'call on me'......

FBS was gash, the whole thing was toss, full of cockney cockheads, but yes, the seagulls tribute was good.

never going again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here