Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Alex Dawson taking the piss - love this pic

Whatever happened to him?
When I started going to BHA I remember him being a very exciting and fast player, nicknamed "The flyer" I believe.

My dad says he was rubbish, so what do i know.

However, it would be good to know if he played for anyone else, or what he is doing now.

He was a bit pony really. Very fast, would push the ball beyond the full back, accelerate past him and then slice the cross into the stand. Like Duffy he scored a really spectacular goal early on - I can't remember who against, FG's memory tends to be better than mine?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
According to Seagulls! The History

Dave Armstrong's goals are as follows...

21/10/68 - Leyton Orient (a) : 2-3 L (Armstrong, K Napier)

25/1/69 - Crewe Alexandra (h) : 3-1 W (Armstrong, K Napier, Dawson)

1/3/69 - Mansfield Town (a) : 2-3 L (Armstrong, Spearitt pen)

19/3/69 - Hartlepool United (h) : 1-1 D (Armstrong)

22/3/69 - Barrow (h) : 4-1 W (K Napier, Armstrong, Dawson 2)

5/4/69 - Barnsley (h) : 4-1 W (Armstrong, Spearitt, Turner, Dawson)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I remember the Wolves game well. We had a school prizegiving that night and loads of us, not surprisingly, opted to go to the game. More detentions .........................

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Shame he isn't represented at the Amex. He may not have been with us that long but he was my first Albion hero

images

He is on the mosaic... just to the right of Wardy's number eight!

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
He was a bit pony really. Very fast, would push the ball beyond the full back, accelerate past him and then slice the cross into the stand. Like Duffy he scored a really spectacular goal early on - I can't remember who against, FG's memory tends to be better than mine?

That must have been why I have fond memories of the guy then.

No idea where he went after us?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The pic of Eddie Spearritt's goal brings back the memories of the epic number of toilet rolls thrown from the North Stand in that game - see how many of them are in the back of the net already? I seem to recall Kit Napier curling corner after corner under the bar at that end. He eventually scored direct in a match against, er, Bury?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Kit Napier scored at least 2 goals direct from corners and from different sides, truly two footed.

The only great goal I remember Dave Armstrong scoring was the late equaliser v Hartlepool, his usual speedy run but this time he actually caught the ball right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here