Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC vs Necastle - FA Cup 3rd Round

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good draw, proper club with proper supporters that treat the Cup with the respect it deserves. Dare I say it a repeat tie of 1983, is this thew first time we've had a repeat of any of the 83 cup ties?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Jesus wept, I'm a fan of Poyet except his failure with fiorwards and the debacle of an attitude at Liverpool. If Poyet tells us he has great friends in the game one more time or a Brighton side turn up again for day trip, no matter who they are playing then I might just want him sacked. He and his players are supposed to be professional, so they can bloody well behave like professionals, not like teenagers on their first date.

Bloody hell, the draw is fresh, there's been no interviews yet from Poyet and you're acting like an even bigger prick than you normally do !!!!! Surely you have some Z list "celeb" to drive around in your glorified taxi ?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Will the new seats in the NE corner be in operation by the start of Jan? Progress seems to have slowed down recently and I can't see the North West being ready in time.

Could be the first time they are put into use and bring in a bit of extra bit of revenue.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
least we know with Newcastle they will sell out there away allocation unlike most teams that come to the amex

Will they though?

4,000 potential allocation for the Cup, and it won't have the new ground effect as they've already played at The Amex.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
It's a good payday for the club whatever happens.

And another potentially great game at the Amex! Which I hope for all fans of this club, after all those years of being knocked out in the first round, is what is now great about supporting this club! :albion2:

Surely also should stand a good chance of creating a new record attendance at the Amex too, if all the seats have gone in!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Meh.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I'm happy, good day out in Brighton last year despite the shocking display.

Hopefully the tv companies and the fact that Sunderland are also away doesn't mean that the game is moved to the Sunday or a daft kick off day/time. Would be nice to be able to get a train back this year as the 8 hour journey home was a killer!

Looking forward to this though.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Hopefully the tv companies and the fact that Sunderland are also away doesn't mean that the game is moved to the Sunday or a daft kick off day/time. Would be nice to be able to get a train back this year as the 8 hour journey home was a killer!

Pity is it's not at St James's Pk as I fancy a trip up there again. Always enjoy trips to the north east!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yes, the Toon supporters i met took the defeat well and supported their team well. Good supporters and banter. Pleased with the draw.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Pity is it's not at St James's Pk as I fancy a trip up there again. Always enjoy trips to the north east!

Would've been a good trip for you lot, a massive allocation and plenty bars and pubs near SJP. If it goes to a replay it's not ideal being midweek but it'll still please a few!

Yes, the Toon supporters i met took the defeat well and supported their team well. Good supporters and banter. Pleased with the draw.

Yeah people did seem to take it well, think it's because we're used to getting knocked out of the FA Cup early now ha! 95% of our fans lost their voices at kick off it seems, you outsang us all game.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Great draw, great fans. We know they won't take us lightly after last year but they are on a poor run and have a number of long-term injuries. Cabaye and Steven Taylor reported to be out until February but I believe it is prior to the African Nations departures.

PG

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
How far we've come in just a couple of years!!! This would have had everybody creaming themselves for most of my 29 year lifetime yet now half of you can't be bothered or think it's a gash draw :eek:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Please,please.don't put it on the telly.I can swing a trip "home" from Taunton if it isn't on the telly.Otherwise I'm behind the sofa with Hidegushi the Japanese WW2 hideaway, shouting "tora,tora, tora..............Banzai!!!" rather than being in the WSU with many pints of Harveys.

Newcastle (h) is the basis for my phenomenal record on the prediction thread,for it is I who told my father after the round 3 draw in 1983 that "neither of those will be going up Wembley Way this season."Only the BCal Helicopter came close to saving me on that one.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Would've been a good trip for you lot, a massive allocation and plenty bars and pubs near SJP. If it goes to a replay it's not ideal being midweek but it'll still please a few!

Yeah people did seem to take it well, think it's because we're used to getting knocked out of the FA Cup early now ha! 95% of our fans lost their voices at kick off it seems, you outsang us all game.

Honest shout. You sang more on the train back to Lewes, something about Ba and Ramadan...??? You're welcome at some very good pubs in Lewes this time around. I remember Albion fans being bought beers at the '83 replay by geordies impressed by the midweek January travelling commitment.

PG

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Great draw, great fans. We know they won't take us lightly after last year but they are on a poor run and have a number of long-term injuries. Cabaye and Steven Taylor reported to be out until February but I believe it is prior to the African Nations departures.

PG

Cabaye and Taylor will both be out. Thankfully we're only losing one player (Tiote) to the next African Nations so Papiss and Demba would've been there regardless. I think we'll either draw or lose, we've been dire this season and Pardew seems to like the fact that we just hoof the ball at every opportunity.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Honest shout. You sang more on the train back to Lewes, something about Ba and Ramadan...??? You're welcome at some very good pubs in Lewes this time around. I remember Albion fans being bought beers at the '83 replay by geordies impressed by the midweek January travelling commitment.

PG

I was with Brighton fans for most of the day so didn't do much singing on the train or in the pubs myself, I was one of about 50 trying to get some sort of atmosphere going in the away end but was surrounded by 2,000 statues!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here