Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm slightly concerned by the lack of RB activity, I've been delighted with the rest of the window though. Even if we lose Gross I'm happy with our midfield.
I think losing Groß would be catastrophic if he was not replaced.

Hürzeler achieved 30 goals and 16 assists from his two central midfield positions last season (Harcel got 19 goals and 16 assists). These players are vital in his system because they do a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of goal creation and finishing. If you take Groß out of our squad, who is going to get rack up the goals or assists from the centre of the park? I think Hinsh and Buonanotte certainly have the potential but they are just so young. Moder and Gilmour have almost non-existent goal and assist stats in the past. You are then left with Milner and Dahoud (assuming Wieffer plays too deep to affect goal scoring stats). I can see why we were linked with KDH, Rutter and Soler.

However, that said, FH is apparently a lot more fluid than RDZ and finds solutions rather than sticking to a rigid formula so if he is happy……

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The man for me is Ferdi Kadıoğlu as I think we need a right wing back if Lamptey is going to continue with his injury struggles and not sign a new contract.

Ferdi is astonishingly versatile, he’d fill the LWB equally well (where he played for Turkey at the Euros). I’m guessing we’d pay big money for him but need to wait until the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal have 100% overlooked him. If we get him, it’d be an end of August signing I believe.
Yes, spot on. The player himself would probably favour a move to a ‘bigger’ club but towards the end of the window we may have a chance with him.
No panic if it doesn’t come off.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That would be a nice €2m turn on Atom. Include a sell on clause in case he turns into the next VVD which I think is unlikely with what I’ve seen of him.
Would tend to agree.

Huge amount of money though - makes a mockery of the price suggested for Leonard (£450K is the speculation), or the amount (unverified) that we got for Cochrane (£300K).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think losing Groß would be catastrophic if he was not replaced.

Hürzeler achieved 30 goals and 16 assists from his two central midfield positions last season (Harcel got 19 goals and 16 assists). These players are vital in his system because they do a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of goal creation and finishing. If you take Groß out of our squad, who is going to get rack up the goals or assists from the centre of the park? I think Hinsh and Buonanotte certainly have the potential but they are just so young. Moder and Gilmour have almost non-existent goal and assist stats in the past. You are then left with Milner and Dahoud (assuming Wieffer plays too deep to affect goal scoring stats). I can see why we were linked with KDH, Rutter and Soler.

However, that said, FH is apparently a lot more fluid than RDZ and finds solutions rather than sticking to a rigid formula so if he is happy……
Well your last comment should allay your fears, FH is far more pragmatic than RDZ and will design the style of play around the players that he does have (and some of them are pretty good!). I have every confidence in Fabian.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sergi Roberto is apparently looking for a club in the EPL after his Barcelona contract expired.
32. Centre mid/centre back/right back.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Love the fact there is so much attacking interest... would be great to hear some concrete interest in a central defender (or two)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here