Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC in double nomination for 10 worst away ends - Do you agree?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
How about upper tier at QPR's premiership stadium? Seems the writer should get out more often.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

The lower tier at The Victoria Ground in Stoke seemed to be below ground level.
The front row seats at Roots Hall ARE below pitch level, making it impossible to see ANY of the game at all.

But I have been to Albion games at Southend where that might have been a positive, rather than a negative.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Has anyone been to the number one worst away section at Donny?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How about upper tier at QPR's premiership stadium? Seems the writer should get out more often.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Exactly, you can't see the goal line ! Low down at West Ham is another gripe, very odd angle to watch a game.

I remember the old away corner at Bolton - where you couldn't see the corner the other side of the goal.

But for shear uncomfortability, I'll have to say Leeds in the lower tier. You can't leave your set until everyone else has.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Never been in the away end at Withdean but a Carlisle supporting mate of mine reckoned it was dire
The worst away end I have ever been in was at Orient - it was so badly raked that you couldn't see much past the half way line if you were at the back
Mind you selhurst away when we used to get given the corner with the floodlight in it was a crap view too

I have been in the away end at Withdean, it reminded of the old wembley.....

.. those seats they bolted onto the bottom of the old terrace. Not only did you struggle to work out which player had the ball, it was sometimes questionable which team.

Just out of interest I've never had the pleasure of having a seat directly behind a goal. Is is actually possibly to watch a game through a net - I've always wondered.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

.. those seats they bolted onto the bottom of the old terrace. Not only did you struggle to work out which player had the ball, it was sometimes questionable which team.

Just out of interest I've never had the pleasure of having a seat directly behind a goal. Is is actually possibly to watch a game through a net - I've always wondered.

It is indeed.

I saw Alan Duffy's wonder goal from behind the south stand goal netting.

Watching most of the 1970's either in the South Terrace or the North Stand - although not directly behind the goal - I've had the pleasure of watching many net-bulgers from the likes of Peter Ward, Fred Binney and Tony Towner. Not a bad memory from any of those goals, and I can't say I would want to remember them any other way :clap:

actually you see many a great photograph of goalscorers wheeling away with a triumphant arm aloft, taken from behind the net - it's how I saw many a great goal!

.....but not from 50-75 yards back across a running track where the ball is barely visible somewhere among a load of players and you can't see who has it and which way it's actually going. The away fans at Withdean had to watch their player's reactions to know if they'd scored or not down the far end goal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here