Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC in double nomination for 10 worst away ends - Do you agree?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
In fact with Gillingham in the top 10 too, we could argue we have had 3 of the worst away ends!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Cant believe they didnt include the Dell......

url

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
guessing this is just league - no sign of Lutons

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So out of date that most of the people who post on here weren't even born at the time he writes about. Interesting as a trip down memory lane but also worth noting that many purport to be ready to give their collective right arms for a return to standing terraces, and therefore presumably the fences that went with them unless you are as old as me and can remember a time of open terraces with little or no restriction or delineation between different parts of the ground. Oh for the time when you could walk from the halfway line under the West Stand at the Goldstone, round the North Stand and through to the east Terrace then onwards to stand behind the goal under the South Stand....................................

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Edgar Street, Hereford, a strong entrant by virtue of the fact that I have sat or stood in three separate places and still never managed to get anything like a decent view of the game: Behind the goal is set back so far you could re-route the M6 through it, the lower tier of the main stand has massive concrete pillars so that you feel you are watching a game in a multi storey car park and the upper tier instills vertigo in all but the strongest hearts.

Really ?
At HEREFORD ??

Withdean was completely awful for away fans.
Occasionally being around them at that end of the park, and hearing their complaints I could only agree with them.... with the mention that it was all we could do to maintain survival as a league concern at all.

I'm shocked we didn't make number one, tbh.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Aside from the fact the the man is clearly obsessed with fences I would have to say that I don't disagree with any of his choices.

Who would you say then bigtom?

I certainly remember Bournemouth being a bit shabby and a feeling that I was standing in a trough, with an extremely low view. It was difficult to make out what was going on. Admittedly I was only 10 at the time.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
For a fence obsessive I'm surprised he didn't nominate the away end at West Ham in about '91. As I recall the bars of the fence were possibly slightly wider than the gaps between them...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Aside from the fact the the man is clearly obsessed with fences I would have to say that I don't disagree with any of his choices.

Surely if he is including historical fences in his criteria of away ends, then Leppings Lane with the tunnel (which still made me shudder last year) must be included. How many away ends have resulted in 96 deaths? (lights blue touch paper and stands back)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here