Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bha number plates

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Had my plates R 1 4 (One For) BHA for 11 years now with Seagull badges on,last month had the police knock on my door and told me they were illegal with the badge on...so had to change them back to the original plates...makes me mad...can have the Europeon badge (which I refuse) or the St Georges badge.

You can get plates with badges other than euro from loads of online shops but they always say that the plates are for show purpose only and not for use on the public highway. I may be wrong but i do believe the car can fail an MOT with the badge on, i have known people to have a spare set of plates to change over at MOT time.

There is a white Focus RS with P2 BHA that is a season ticket holder.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I drive from Patcham to Crawley every day. Since you've moved to the Amex it seems every other car has got a personal bha plate on my journey.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think the club should change it's name to match my current plate.... It isn't anything special but it would save me some dosh:D

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
If you have a plate with BHA stick with that. Don't add a badge as that IS NOT legal and you will have to change it. The regulations only allow for the EU or national letters such as GB.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
not to be a spoilsport but I'm pretty sure that legally the only things allowed on a numberplate are the number itself, the nationality letters (which can I believe incorporate the national or EC flag) and the name of the firm supplying the car. Strictly speaking a club logo permanently incorporated into the plate is illegal

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
not to be a spoilsport but I'm pretty sure that legally the only things allowed on a numberplate are the number itself, the nationality letters (which can I believe incorporate the national or EC flag) and the name of the firm supplying the car. Strictly speaking a club logo permanently incorporated into the plate is illegal
Correct...but you are allowed the England flag or the EU flag

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Oh, I was under the impression they were £200 odd quid. Is it legal?

Are you confusing the ownership to the registration and the cost to make up the plastic plates ?

BHA registration can be bought for a couple of hundred quid, but the cost of buying the plastic plastic with the registration on are £20.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
My dad has 'MI BHA', he'll tell anyone whos willing to listen he was one of the first person to get a bha number plate!

I used to follow this car a (think it was a Black Nissan 4x4) most days from Brighton over the beacon through Ditchling to the Dictchling common roundabout!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here