Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bha number plates

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Looking to get one with part of my surname and BHA in it, only £245 on dvla site but not sure if I should wait for a new car or put it on my banger atm.

If you're buying it from DVLA you will get it on retention which includes the £80 fee to transfer it onto a vehicle, so buy it then decide what you want to do with it as it'll cost you £80 to transfer it from old banger to new motor if you go down that route

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Are you sure it's legal to include the England flag? Not that I want to.
Yes,there was an outcry because you could have a euro flag but not the flag of your country so after a debate it was deemed that you could have the England St George flag....not the union (British) flag

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
If you're buying it from DVLA you will get it on retention which includes the £80 fee to transfer it onto a vehicle, so buy it then decide what you want to do with it as it'll cost you £80 to transfer it from old banger to new motor if you go down that route
I seem to remember when I was going to put mine in retention the fee would be £120 but transfer as you say is £80,I change my car every 3 years so have to pay £80 every change.

DanielT

i bought my plates from demonplates.co.uk they were about £17 each. To be legal, the makers of the plates needs to put there company name and dvla reg number on them. Halfords will put it in big letters in the bottom middle of the plate. demonplates write it in 2mm high lettering, bottom left, leaving the gap for you to write your own text at bottom middle

I put Brighton & Hove Albion in the gap and chose a blue border. A seagulls logo would be illegal, but you can buy stickers and then peel them off for the MOT. Cheaper than a separate set of plates

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I seem to remember when I was going to put mine in retention the fee would be £120 but transfer as you say is £80,I change my car every 3 years so have to pay £80 every change.

Had to put mine on retention jan last year £80 but it may well have changed :shrug:

Buzzard

Oct 5, 2009
Talking of Brighton plates, whatever happened to the old mini that used to be parked in the goldstone on matchdays with the plate ALB 10 N. I often used to wonder who it belonged to.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Mines my initials plus BHA .......£399 when I bought it . If anyone with the same initials wants to buy I'll take 10 grand !!!

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011
227 BHA, think I used to follow you away from the Goldstone and back to Worthing after games, the only other plate I saw around that time was H1 2 BHA, think it might have been on a white MR2.

I had to follow the HI 2 BHA white MR2 all the way home from Bournemouth in the rain and he had his fog light on. I couldn't see a bloody thing and it gave me a blinding headache. :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here