Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Beyond what transfers we want, what do you think the club will do?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We need AT LEAST 2 strikers in my opinion to support Maupay. Connolly really needs to go and get a loan and some goals in the championship for his own confidence and we need a replacement for Murray and a third support striker. The latter could be Gykores who's scored a few in German div 2.

We really need a combative CDM who can move the ball far more quickly than our current options, and another player who can actually play wide. If Trossard got injured we'd be toast in this department.

Other than that we need a LB. Dan Burn has done great but offers nothing going forward and Bernardo is clearly not trusted to do what Potter asks.

I was about to post virtually the same as you.

Agree (and in my own view I think Connolly would benefit from a year in the Championship) playing regularly and getting a few goals to develop like White has done this season. With Murray likely to be a peripheral figure next season (as he has been this) that really only would leave Maupay which is why I would look for 2 strikers - a younger version of Murray with a bit of presence who could either play on his own up front or alongside Maupay, and maybe an older head (not as old as Murray) who might be happy to come in for a year or two who has some experience in the latter years of his career, as a decent back up.

Would love an attacking central midfielder in the mould of Richard Carpenter from our Withdean days, and possibly another left back or goalkeeper if Steele or Button were to move on.

Don't see huge numbers incoming. Might well be more out than in but we have to in my view move on Ali J, Andone, and Locadia who clearly don't appear to be in GP's plans whether on loan or for permanent transfers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am hoping that the way Potter is trying to get us to play, and his use of youth, means we be shocked at players signing who would not have come before, be it good players struggling to get into their top six clubs team, or ones reaching the end of their careers looking for a new challenge.

Having survived for three years will surely make it easier to get quality players?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why do so many people think Murray is on the way out? He signed a new contract in January and is with us until June. I can't see many teams looking to buy a 37-year-old striker.

It seems to be a given that Stephens is on the way out. I think he may well stay for another season. He's under contract and he fulfils a vital role in the side - he's also pretty vocal on the pitch.

We'll have a bit of clear out - Knocky, Kayal and the Greyhound have gone. We'll certainly lose a CB (probably Duffy unless we get a bonkers bid for Dunk or White). Potter clearly doesn't fancy Ali J, so he's on his way and we may see Izzy fail to recover. It may also be auf wiedersehen to Gross.

I don't see us getting too many in though: a striker and a left wing back are the priorities.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The toilets outside the ground by the new Harvey's bars I hope .... being of a certain age!

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
If we do go for a left back (seems likely), i'd like to see us take a punt on Antonee Robinson from Wigan. He almost joined AC Milan in January and looks the type of full back we want. Attacking, pacey and comfortable as an orthodox full back or wing back. He did have some issues with his medical at AC Milan, but has played regularly since the move fell through. Doubt he'd cost too much given Wigan's unfortunate financial situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here