Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Beyond what transfers we want, what do you think the club will do?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Get a new corner coach in. I cannot believe how shit we are at threatening from corners. It is a bigger failure than our inability to score enough from open play.

Desperately needs sorting imo

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
people keep saying it but I think it would be utter madness to loan Connelly out. the boy is plenty good enough and will get better.

We don't need to be searching for 2 quality strikers, finding 1 will be hard enough

Its no surprise that again without 2 up top we look powderpuff in front of goal.

All of our decent performances and wins have come with him in the side and 2 up top.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Kicked on? March is a solid player, rarely spectacular but usually does as he's asked to do. Very consistent and a handy squad player. Propper has been gash since restart but has games where he is absolutely outstanding. We are not going to bin off a Dutch international just because he's out of form in unusual circumstances.

Agree with your other players though, except maybe Duffy.

This simply isn't true. He is part of the problem why our midfield isn't very good. As a winger you are there to provide assists and chip in with goals. He does neither. His goal record for a winger is simply atrocious. We don't need handy squad players he is suppose to a regular starter or as good as.
Lets take this season stats for a start. 18 appearances no goals and 1 assist for a player in his prime.. Don't get me started on his other Premier league season stats.
I feel he is one of those players in his comfort zone. One of those players who we should look to move on and maybe this is where you might see a different player.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We need pace.

This.

We were the slowest team in the league prior to the acquisition of Lamptey and for a team now set up to counter that’s a steaming pile of crap.

Especially across the middle of the park.

My expectations are very low and I expect:

Out:

Duffy, March, maybe Ali J

In:

Three unknown CM/AMC/FW hybrids between the ages of 18-24

Outside chance of adding a foreign striker in the mould of Murray but not hopeful as I expect the purse strings to be very tight.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I don't think we'll make a lot of signings this year. I think Molumby will feature in our midfield next year and I would expect Alazate to become a regular starter as well. Obviously we will have White coming back as well.
If we do invest in midfield I would think it would be in a more attacking capacity, maybe someone behind the forwards. But with Mac Allister being brought in for that role, I'm not convinced we will. I would imagine a striker is high on the list. Any other signings are probably dependent on who leaves.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Connolly really needs to go and get a loan and some goals in the championship for his own confidence .

I think the one thing Connolly isn't short of is confidence. He just hasn't had the luck. Was it Newcastle away he had one cleared off the line with a scissor kick? He has won penalties and crucial free kicks for us. He would be wasted out on loan.
He doesn't run around looking lost like a Gatting or a McPhee. He is constantly in the 18/20 on merit and doesn't take up space in the 25.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Wow. This thread is not for the feint of heart... fan clubs and those with posters in their room proceed with caution [emoji1787]

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
This simply isn't true. He is part of the problem why our midfield isn't very good. As a winger you are there to provide assists and chip in with goals. He does neither. His goal record for a winger is simply atrocious. We don't need handy squad players he is suppose to a regular starter or as good as.
Lets take this season stats for a start. 18 appearances no goals and 1 assist for a player in his prime.. Don't get me started on his other Premier league season stats.
I feel he is one of those players in his comfort zone. One of those players who we should look to move on and maybe this is where you might see a different player.

I agree. In the Prem there is no such thing as a 'squad player'. All 25 are first teamers who are capable of making the first 11 on merit depending on the opposition. Unfortunately we have a few that don't pull their weight when required to.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1st Potter season = Evolution.

2nd Potter season = Revolution.

I expect to see a few promising players with pace brought in. Players who can do fast one touch football and hit the back of the net.

Luring Neres with an Ali-J PX and securing some folk like Edouard, Sarr, Lewis (Norwich) and Maitland-Niles is going to make this an exciting summer.

Look out for 3/4 U23s graduates too including White & Molumby.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Going into fourth season with same squad means we will be scrapping at bottom again. Not easy with players contracts but big decisions have to be made and this will include established players. Either to move on and replace with improvement or selling to help towards transfer fund.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We need AT LEAST 2 strikers in my opinion to support Maupay. Connolly really needs to go and get a loan and some goals in the championship for his own confidence and we need a replacement for Murray and a third support striker. The latter could be Gykores who's scored a few in German div 2.

Strikers are, unfortunately, hard to come by and although I agree with the theory (especially about AC getting some confidence building), I just can't see us being lucky enough to bag TWO strikers in one year, never mind one window!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What I think will happen; Button, Duffy, Bernardo, Stephens (maybe), Ali J, Dunk (If the right offer comes in) Andone if hes fit enough to sell - Out

In; A CF, A wide attacker/winger, LB

Rest will be filled by youth with White/Molumby/Walton pressing for starts. Maybe Gyorkes too.

What I'd like to happen; Switch to 3-5-2 keep Dunk. Sell Button, Duffy, Stephens (maybe), Ali J, Andone

Play Bernardo in LWB Sign Johnathan David from Gent for £20-25m, David Brooks from Bournemouth if we could get him £25m, raid the championship after the play offs as the impending wage cap could yield some bargains. I Think some of our midfield problems stem from a lack of an out ball. No pace over the top and no hold up striker either. David would definitely offer a threat running in behind, he is seriously quick. Milosevic would also be a good option if Fulham don't go up.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
We've spent between £60m-£80m per year in the PL. I'd be surprised if we spent like that again unless we ship a load out. Unlike several posters, I can't Propper going anywhere.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
people keep saying it but I think it would be utter madness to loan Connelly out. the boy is plenty good enough and will get better.

We don't need to be searching for 2 quality strikers, finding 1 will be hard enough

Its no surprise that again without 2 up top we look powderpuff in front of goal.

All of our decent performances and wins have come with him in the side and 2 up top.

Our winner against Arsenal showed the benefits of two up front and how well Maupay and Connolly can work together if one of them isn't shoved out wide or too deep

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here