Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting help please.................£10k on the line!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I need Izale Mcleod to be top scorer in league 2 to win £10,000. He is currently level with 2 others on 18 goals. What do I do? Advice anyone?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Go onto betfair and bet against him?

i tried that. There is a market available but nothing worthwhile available on it.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

If i had a religous bone in my body, i would. I will say a prayer anyway and if the bet comes in, i will then believe in god!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Minefield this

You need to hedge the bet...but the problem you have got is that no-one is asking for a price on betfair (you can back at 2.32 or 11/8 if you prefer) and the total market on betfair has only attracted 8K. Also remember that if it stays as it is below they will only pay out 25% because it is a tie (i think, it less than 33% as they have to give all stakes back, can't remember the exact figure when 3 tie)

The other option you have is to back the others with sizeable chunks of your hard earned (check who is injured and the fixtures first) assuming that you have an accumulater which had small stakes to begin with. This, though, also depends on how much cash you can get hold of and what the max bet is at the bookies and if you say put a grand on both Grabben and Midson and Akinfenwa bangs in a hat trick then you are well and truly fcuked.

Me? I'd lay £2K to win £1K at 3.0 on betfair and see if you get any takers. This is unlikely in a 9K market though. If the price is taken this would give you a win of 8K or 1K if you won or lost respectively.

Scorers

Grabban Rotherham 18
McLeod Barnet 18
Midson AFC Wimbledon 18
Akinfenwa Northampton 17
Harrold Bristol Rovers 16
Richards Port Vale 16

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
thanks for your advice. Perhaps I should back grabban and midson to score. Last w/e grabban was unwell and did not play and midson was on the bench. Perhaps I should just let it ride? I could very easily end up losing as it is too close to call. As you say, it is a minefield.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
If your original bet is with a bookies then ring them up and ask for a close out price. Might not be a great price but at least you have the option.

If it was on an exchange (betfair) then you could ask bookies for a quote, but you'd need to stump up cash to place any hedge bet.

If the bet was with a mate/local mobster etc. then they probably won't pay anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
thanks for your advice. Perhaps I should back grabban and midson to score. Last w/e grabban was unwell and did not play and midson was on the bench. Perhaps I should just let it ride? I could very easily end up losing as it is too close to call. As you say, it is a minefield.
The problem with that idea is that some of the other lesser contenders could score 3 and utterly f*** it up for you. Matt Harrold for example seems to be quite prolific under Magoo.

Given the size of the league 2 goalscoring market, you don't have many options. At least Barnet have something to play for, so if McLeod is fit he will play and be motivated...

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
bet was with ladbrokes, so fairly safe :)

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
...Also remember that if it stays as it is below they will only pay out 25% because it is a tie (i think, it less than 33% as they have to give all stakes back, can't remember the exact figure when 3 tie)...

I believe it is the full stake at 1/3rd of the odds, rather than 1/3rd of the winnings.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
tried to phone them, they were uninterested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here