Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best way to fry an egg - Over Easy

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Splash the yoke with the hot oil using a teaspoon. Easy.

You can also poach an egg in a frying pan in order to get the same 'fried-egg' shape and size. No fat, no oily spattering on the range, no fire-risk, and easy to make sure the white is fully cooked.

You can also wash the boiling water over the egg just as you might with fat, and since you can use as much water as you like, it's easier to do. You can add a smattering of butter on the egg afterwards, if that's what floats your boat (or if you usually cook your eggs in butter and prefer the taste)

Don't forget to thank Chef NMH :thumbsup:

Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?
NMH said:
You can also poach an egg in a frying pan in order to get the same 'fried-egg' shape and size. No fat, no oily spattering on the range, no fire-risk, and easy to make sure the white is fully cooked.

You can also wash the boiling water over the egg just as you might with fat, and since you can use as much water as you like, it's easier to do. You can add a smattering of butter on the egg afterwards, if that's what floats your boat (or if you usually cook your eggs in butter and prefer the taste)

I'll second that, this is the best and healthiest way to get a fried egg - and you don't get the brown cripsy bits, which IMO are nasty

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
NMH said:

How the hell do you get a fire risk from frying an egg!!!

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
I splash the oil over the yolk... though i must admit i prefer scrambled eggs to fried ones

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
I love fried egg for breakfast but only eat the yoke. I can't eat the white, it makes me reach. Does anyone else out there have the same problem?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Cook the egg for a few minutes until the white is hard. Then put a small glass lid over the egg and watch the yolk cloud over. Remove from heat when it is cooked to your satisfaction. No need to use any implements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here