Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best secondary ticket site for euros ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Luton to Amsterdam then train to Berlin
Flexibus to Wroclaw then plane to Luton

Is the way to do it I hear
Indeed but it's so painful and still so expensive. The Amsterdam - Berlin train is 6 hours !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In amongst the fall out from Sunday I have seen that numerous English celebs, and Irish ones given Noel Gallagher’s recent comments, were able to get tickets for the game. I guess they could have applied in the England and neutral ballots but unlikely.

I also know of numerous people in Berlin with various connections went. I know of a group of 6 or 7, a mix of Spanish and English, who got tickets via a friend whose dad is a doctor in Zurich “he’s well connected” apparently.

Were tickets easy to pass/sell on? Was there a bloated hospitality section? How does this work?

Seems a bit unfair that genuine England fans only get a fraction of the tickets yet anyone with connections and money can go even if they have never been before. Were any safeguards in place to stop touting? I had a friend stay with me, and he got his via England loyalty points and said there’s no collecting of tickets anymore, all done via an app.

I think the real motivation for this post is it’s shit to see plastic Irish Noel Gallagher, wearing a clover pin, at the game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed but it's so painful and still so expensive. The Amsterdam - Berlin train is 6 hours !!
In theory, I caught this direct train to the Ajax game. My plan was for a leisurely breakfast journey across mainland Europe arriving in Amsterdam fresh as a daisy at noon with my good friend @Uncle Buck

A broken down train, 4 other trains later, and routing via Utrecht, we arrived in the ‘dam. We were so late I had to get a cab direct from the ticket place, to my hotel, drop bag and then ask him to take me to the ground.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
In amongst the fall out from Sunday I have seen that numerous English celebs, and Irish ones given Noel Gallagher’s recent comments, were able to get tickets for the game. I guess they could have applied in the England and neutral ballots but unlikely.

I also know of numerous people in Berlin with various connections went. I know of a group of 6 or 7, a mix of Spanish and English, who got tickets via a friend whose dad is a doctor in Zurich “he’s well connected” apparently.

Were tickets easy to pass/sell on? Was there a bloated hospitality section? How does this work?

Seems a bit unfair that genuine England fans only get a fraction of the tickets yet anyone with connections and money can go even if they have never been before. Were any safeguards in place to stop touting? I had a friend stay with me, and he got his via England loyalty points and said there’s no collecting of tickets anymore, all done via an app.

I think the real motivation for this post is it’s shit to see plastic Irish Noel Gallagher, wearing a clover pin, at the game.
Tickets were really easy to get especially hospitality ones, just pay a lot and they are yours, lots of corporate business sellers that I've used before were selling them. And I know you don't believe in secondary sites but I know 3 people who bought off ticombo and absolutely no issues as I think they actually check before the sale and sell lots themselves. Average ticket price for a category 2 was only about £1200. I paid £3k for the wembley 2020 final.

Glad I didn't bother in the end though !!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tickets were really easy to get especially hospitality ones, just pay a lot and they are yours, lots of corporate business sellers that I've used before were selling them. And I know you don't believe in secondary sites but I know 3 people who bought off ticombo and absolutely no issues as I think they actually check before the sale and sell lots themselves. Average ticket price for a category 2 was only about £1200. I paid £3k for the wembley 2020 final.

Glad I didn't bother in the end though !!
Fair enough. I am not against (proper*) hospitality in principle, more that it seems to be taking over some events.

* I don’t mean a “VIP” wristband with dedicated bar and entrance at a pop festival. :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The app via an FA allocation make it very difficult to move on a ticket. They say they get a record of any transferred and if caught a breach of membership rules. They also only let you login to the same device so can’t just login to different devices. Only way we saw were those who used a spare phone and passed it around mates.

Each FA probably got nearly 12k allocation - the rest was via the neutral sales / ballots or hospitality. Saw plenty of ‘celebs’ who ended up with sponsor tickets.

If you were signed up to the FA wasn’t actually to difficult this tournament, some of our group were pretty low cappers and got tickets for all games. Albeit some were higher categories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here