Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player you have seen play against Brighton

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Reading's Dave Kitson for the most accomplished, and most cynical, exhibition of diving ever seen on a football pitch. For such honourable deeds, it seems, you get rewarded with a place at the top table.
Honesty and integrity in football. Died: Madejski Stadium, Reading, 10th December, 2005. RIP.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In recent times Dean Ashton, overall pretty certain Dalgleish played against us at the Goldstone - awesome

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Fragmented Badger said:
You sure it's really that hard? Did you go to any matches last season? I reckon there were a few examples then:lolol:

Regrettably I went to more than half of the games last season. Fortunately my short-term memory isn't as good as my long term memory, so I can't remember last season as well as the games from years back. All the dross games become one big blur to me these days.

I'll tell you another thing, my short-term memory is pretty poor these days.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
Kenny Dalglish, absolutely awesome player, although RUSHY had a superb scoring record against us

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
BensGrandad said:
Graham Moseley testimonial and Gazza had gone off by half time as had most of the Spurs first team.

Definitely the Moseley testimonial, and Gazza scored 2, Paul Stewart scored the other.

Gascoigne was sensational that night, and in actual fact he played the full 90 minutes.
Lineker only played the first half though.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
seven stands said:
first game i ever as sth saw was v tranmere with john aldred getting three all down the south end so will go for him

I'm in a bit of pedant mood tonight so sorry... but Aldridge only scored twice in a 2-0 win

Micky Quinn DID score a hat-trick against us at the Goldstone... playing for Newcastle United alongside Mark McGhee

Last edited:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Jam The Man said:
Definitely the Moseley testimonial, and Gazza scored 2, Paul Stewart scored the other.

Gascoigne was sensational that night, and in actual fact he played the full 90 minutes.

He scored a 30yard free kick straight past David James, who was in goal for us

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jam The Man said:

I won't argue because my memory fails me but I was pretty sure that by the finish of the match the Spurs team consisted of entirely Youth and Reserve players no first team at all.

I didnt realise until that game how fast Lineker was over 10 yds which probably accounted for him scoring so many goals.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Kenny Samson. We lost 2-1 at home to Arsenal in the season we went up to what is now the Championship.

Johnny Crumplin tried to take Samson on in the opening minutes and was made to look like a mug. It happened again 5 minutes later. For the rest of the match Crumplin barely went over the halfway line, clearly shit scared of his superior tormentor.

Sol Campbell in a pre season friendly at the Goldstone looked like a world beater even then.

Reich at Derby 2 years ago when we lost 3-0 was superb.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
He scored a 30yard free kick straight past David James, who was in goal for us

LOL! Looked like David James, but it wasn't David James.. can't for the life of me recall the guy's name, but it was Brian something i think...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i remember giggs raping us at old trafford, but i must have been no more than about 3. the fact he was so quality nearly turned me into a united fan that day

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Graham Kavagnagh in recent years has been the best player i have seen consistantly vs the Albion. However as a one off it would have to be Robbie Keane.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Back in the old Div 1 days we got to see all the top players of the time.

Stand out performances from a bit later though are:

Trevor Francis - Played for Wendy against us - they thrashed us 4-0 and despite being at the arse end of his career, Francis was different class in that game.

Dave Beasant - playing for Chelsea against us, we battered them but Lurch was immense and they got a 1-0 win that they didn't deserve

Jimmy Walker - another 1-0 defeat we didn't deserve up at Walsall. We absolutely slaughtered them but Walker stopped everything we threw at him.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Liam Brady
Kenny Dalglish
Paul Gascoigne

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
in recent years and in the same division as us - Koumas, Cavanagh, Jason Roberts, Merson (at Fratton Park) and Matt Taylor

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Quickly to mind:

Ray Kennedy: awesome

Ian Rush: deceptive, but just plain good

Peter Shilton (tend to forget keepers)

Rodneeeee Marsh (not that good, but a presence)

Trevor Brooking (had a good day at the Goldstone)

Overall, it has gotta be Ray Kennedy for Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here