Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player you have seen play against Brighton

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Ryan Giggs.

Hard to remember other players being so obviously head and shoulders above our players (but that wasn't hard with our 1993 team).

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
BarrelofFun said:
One of the Manure posse in the Coca Cola Cup. Was it Schmeichel in goal?

It was Gary Walsh,

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sure I saw Gazza at the Goldstone.

Keegan I seem to recall.

..and Ardilas, who scored a cracker - from a free kick I think.

Alan Ball !

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
LowKarate said:
Ryan Giggs.

Hard to remember other players being so obviously head and shoulders above our players (but that wasn't hard with our 1993 team).

Have to agree with that, although have been very impressed over the years by several players.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Cant recall Keegan ever having a good game against the Albion, Chris Waddle 19 years old at the time went round the Albion back four twice to score in a 1-1 draw 1979-ish.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Ardilles at The Goldstone was probably the greatest invividual performance I've ever see. That free kick was beyond belief! Closely followed by Ian Rush in a 3:2 Liverpool victory. How can I forget Kerry Mayo for Derby at The Theatre Of Tears a couple of seasons ago?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Must correct you there.
Ian is a pratt on television and 8.5 mill. would be a lot for a swimmer.
p.s. it is palarse not palarce.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I put Gazza as I am sure that I saw him play for Spurs in a pre-season friendly at the Goldstone. Something tells me that he scored from an amazing free kick that had all of us applauding, also that he stayed on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes when most of their stars went off at half time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liam Brady or Ryan Giggs.

My brother flew home from Manchester after the cup defeat on the same plane as Gary Chivers who said Ryan Giggs was the best player he had ever played against. His description of his play was that he didnt know what he was going to do next so how the f*** could a defender be expected to.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gully said:
I put Gazza as I am sure that I saw him play for Spurs in a pre-season friendly at the Goldstone. Something tells me that he scored from an amazing free kick that had all of us applauding, also that he stayed on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes when most of their stars went off at half time.

Graham Moseley testimonial and Gazza had gone off by half time as had most of the Spurs first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here