Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player in the championship?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I don't think there is a "best player" as such as it's position dependant. Kuszczak is a rubbish CF for example and I doubt Vicente is any good in goal or defending.

Arguably we have a few that would make a "dream" Championship XI.
Vicente is possibly the best attacking midfielder.
Kuszczak maybe best keeper
Bridcutt best defensive midfielder
Bridge best left back
Vydra/Murray (spit...) best CF (;) :D)
XX Best wingers
XX best central defenders
etc..

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Bearing in mind Zaha has recently been sold for £10m, difficult to think of anyone else going for that sort of money so has to be him.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
I don't think there is a "best player" as such as it's position dependant. Kuszczak is a rubbish CF for example and I doubt Vicente is any good in goal or defending.

Arguably we have a few that would make a "dream" Championship XI.
Vicente is possibly the best attacking midfielder.
Kuszczak maybe best keeper
Bridcutt best defensive midfielder
Bridge best left back
Vydra/Murray (spit...) best CF (;) :D)
XX Best wingers
XX best central defenders
etc..

You're over thinking it. Messi widely touted as the best player in the world but he's probably not great in goal is he... it's still a valid question

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
You're over thinking it. Messi widely touted as the best player in the world but he's probably not great in goal is he... it's still a valid question

Oh I know, but the "best" player in the Championship/PL/World/etc. ALWAYS seems to favour attacking midfielders or forwards. I never hear of a defender (or keeper!) being the best player.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Bearing in mind Zaha has recently been sold for £10m, difficult to think of anyone else going for that sort of money so has to be him.

That takes into account age and potential though. If Vicente was 21 he'd be worth that.

Actually bids for Vicente at that age were around £30 million.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

You clearly have difficulty thinking. The question was not about transfer value , but best player. If you really think Zaha at this point in time could do half what Vicente is capable of, then your faculties are clearly faulty

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would struggle to pick a single best player - is it "on a good day" or is it about consistency over a season?

Picking a team is easier but undoubtably no less contentious
I would agree that the PiG. Bridge, Bridders and Vicente might all be in with a shout..........

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You clearly have difficulty thinking. The question was not about transfer value , but best player. If you really think Zaha at this point in time could do half what Vicente is capable of, then your faculties are clearly faulty

I have difficulty thinking!!! LMAO

Can you be included in this discussion when you've played less than 10% of the season?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Well the answer is Vicente, the most gifted player by far. Also I would he he impacts the game more than anyone.

Other than him I'd say Vydra, Bellemy, Whittingham, Zaha are all up there. Ill also give a mention the Chris Burke

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Vicente. Undoubted. But too few opposition fans will have noticed. Derby spotted it last season though!

scooter1

How soon is now?
On technical ability it would be Vicente, but he can't really be considered because of the few games he's played. For me it would be Bridcutt, he was our player of the year last year having competently made the step up from Lge 1. And I think he'll be our player of the year this year. The consistency, and potentially being player of the year twice on the bounce of a team doing well, says that he could possibly be the best in the league right now

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
IMO:

GK: Schmeichel/Kuszczak
LB: Bridge/Olsson
RB: St.Ledger/Parr
CB: Hudson/Dann/Mills/Hobbs
DM: Bridcutt/Trotter
LM: Whittingham/Ince
RM: Zaha/Adomah
AM: Vicente/Vydra
ST: Rhodes/Austin/Wood/Murray

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I have difficulty thinking!!! LMAO

Can you be included in this discussion when you've played less than 10% of the season?

I have not played in any of the games, but thanks for your belief in me. Please try to think before you type.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here