Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best performance of the season last night

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
We were utterly superb last night, and in terms of our performance over ninety minutes it was the best we have played this season.

All we lacked was a cutting edge and composure in front of goal. In other words... Vicente.

Play like that every week and we will make the play offs.

Credit to Gus and the lads.

Moaners: f*** OFF.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
We were utterly superb last night, and in terms of our performance over ninety minutes it was the best we have played this season.

All we lacked was a cutting edge and composure in front of goal. In other words... Vicente.

Nope, Cardiff away best of season so far

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm not moaning anywhere near as much as the majority, but to state it was our best performance of the season is just wrong.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Really? How many times do you think we gave the ball away?

It wasn't that bad but it really wasn't very good either.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Best performance of the season? No.

Best performance in the last 7 games we've not won? Probably.

Think we needed Vicente last night.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Best performance of the season? No.

Best performance in the last 7 games we've not won? Probably.

Think we needed Vicente last night.

I thought that our passing was too slow and predictable in the final third and we lacked someone to play some quick, first time passes through the Hammers lines for CMS to run on to. Vicente would have provided this, but without him in the side I feel our other midfielders cannot provide this type of cutting edge.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Not the best but very very good and they did us proud, I gave a Hammers mate a lift last night and instead of gloating all he kept saying was "I dont know how you guys didnt beat us, I feel guilty for us winning it was completly unfair"

Get behind the time its still early doors and with the play like last night we its only a matter of time before we start winning again, hopefuly next week at Birmingham which I am realy looking forward to I have a good feeling about it

SseeaaaaGullllss

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
We are starting to look like a good championship team and with a little time and adjustment think we will be one of the most attractive championship teams to watch. Last night was a case of not knowing what to do once we got into the final third against a team who sat right back and we just needed a wonder goal from outside the box. IMHO for all our success last year we are a much better team now and having players like Vicente and Reyes it will only get better.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4471941 said:
I thought that our passing was too slow and predictable in the final third and we lacked someone to play some quick, first time passes through the Hammers lines for CMS to run on to. Vicente would have provided this, but without him in the side I feel our other midfielders cannot provide this type of cutting edge.

Completely agreed.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We had 62% possession. So......... clearly not very much.

I can't help but disagree. We were bullied off the ball very easily when it mattered and the amount of misplaced passes got a bit silly towards the end. 62% possession is extremely easy to achieve when it's all back to goal stuff in our half at one nil down after we'd conceded by, oh yeah, giving the ball away.

You cannot possibly call that performance utterly superb imo.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bullied off the ball where it mattered and far too ponderous in possession.

Also, the possession stats are useless anyway as far as indication of superiority goes. Most of ours was in areas you don't hurt teams in and because West Ham were happy to get men behind the ball and allow us to knock it about at the back.

We were not TERRIBLE. But a long way from our best game this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most of ours was in areas you don't hurt teams in and because West Ham were happy to get men behind the ball and allow us to knock it about at the back.

Most our possession was in the West Ham half but we lacked the final touch. This stat was shown on Sky at the end of the match and I watched later. Reid was superb in defence for West Ham. If it hadn't been for him CMS would have scored. Reid was MoM for me.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Hahahahaha! Are the pubs open already? Or are you taking something illegal?

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
We had 62% possession. So......... clearly not very much.

We could knock the ball across the back four for 89 minutes, earning 90% possession and still loose 1-0 because we gave the ball away

You must have seen how often passes went astray last night. Bridcutt was the main culprit which is unusual for him, but Dicker, Sparrow and Barnes were all at it as well

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Best performance defensively? Probably. Obviously apart from the few mistakes and giving the ball away once or twice, did West Ham have that many clear cut chances?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Bullied off the ball where it mattered and far too ponderous in possession.

Also, the possession stats are useless anyway as far as indication of superiority goes. Most of ours was in areas you don't hurt teams in and because West Ham were happy to get men behind the ball and allow us to knock it about at the back.

We were not TERRIBLE. But a long way from our best game this season.

Spot on. But whilst we were not "terrible" we need to find some penetration from somewhere - and add some strength and aggression (not stupid petulant late tackles that only bring bookings like last night) to the team. Playing like that we will end up nearer the bottom than top of this League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here