Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best opposing players you saw this (last) season?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dean Leacock, Derby's no. 17. Bossed their defence bigtime at Withdean and best player on the pitch by several country miles.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
MK Dons were impressive, Puncheon, Jemal Johnson, Dean Lewington and Willy Gueret in goal.

Also Church and Adam Chambers for Orient, Joel Grant for Crewe

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think Delph will be awesome when he gets a couple more years under his belt - another Aaron Lennon but he can go through the middle.
Kavanagh was very good too - cracking goal for Carlisle yesterday too

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Ian Goodison of Tranmere was immense against us at Withdean

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Stephen Ireland, Elano, Jo, Kompany...

BEAT ME TO IT!!!! Yeah i would have said Stephen Ireland. Never seen someone run the length of the pitch SO OFTEN in one match. amazing energy levels in a match that, frankly, he probably didn't care about so much.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Sorry, but Jo was awful.

Spent his time on the pitch brilliantly demonstrating the twin arts of not hitting a cow's arse with a banjo and falling over and rolling about as if he'd been shot.

And setting up a goal using his superb touch...

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Sorry, but Jo was awful.

Spent his time on the pitch brilliantly demonstrating the twin arts of not hitting a cow's arse with a banjo and falling over and rolling about as if he'd been shot.

Spot on. I was very disappointed with him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well Gary Hooper was the only opposition player I stood to applaud, as he went off the pitch injured after his hattrick against us. He would definitely get my vote, along with Scunthorpe being the best team I've seen at Withdean this season.

Delph is obviously a class above from what I've seen of him on telly, but although we had glimpses of quality, I didn't think he particularly stood out against us at Withdean. Before anyone cites THAT goal he scored, well it had a touch of the Maradonnas about it to me, whereby I was screaming for someone, ANYONE !, to get a :censored: tackle in !!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
George Boyd destroyed us, what a nightmare it would be to play against him every week.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Forgot to mention Dean Lewington when we played MKDons away. He looked very good and I can still see this slide rule pass he made down their left wing through several players that was a thing of sheer beauty. Granted we were shite that day, but I could see exactly why Lewington is their captain. Good job he wasn't playing when we had them at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here