Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best opposing players you saw this (last) season?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Got to be someone who played in a game against us, so no Premier League players you've seen on TV etc.

Thought Gary Hooper looked class in both games against Scunthorpe, while George Boyd of Peterborough, while clearly a diving TART with nasty hair, had that little extra something that sets him apart from opponents at this level.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've always been a fan of that Kavanagh chap. Older fella plays in the centre for Carlisle. Seems to keep things running smoothly and without any fuss. I like watching players like him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
George Boyd for Posh, be interesting to see how he gets on in Championship.

His own manager said he's not quick enough to ever make it at the very top level, but should be able to hold his own in the Championship. And kicks ass at any level lower than that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Agreed about George Boyd - kept on going past two players on every run. Terrifying experience.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and he might have been enormous, but you could tell Sean Gregan had played at a higher level when he was centre half for Oldham a couple of weeks ago. No pace, but won everything in the air, and his distribution was excellent.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Despite me hating leeds... Beckford, Delph and Becchio are up there along with Cox, Lambert and Fryatt. I know thats cheating so I'll have to go with Fryatt

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Despite me hating leeds... Beckford, Delph and Becchio are up there along with Cox, Lambert and Fryatt. I know thats cheating so I'll have to go with Fryatt

Whilst agreeing with you on the other 5, I have to say that I think Luciano Becchio is a lumbering OAF, whose only attribute is being in the right place at the right time. Not a lot wrong with that, I know, but I don't think he's anywhere near the other 5 in terms of TALENT.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Whilst agreeing with you on the other 5, I have to say that I think Luciano Becchio is a lumbering OAF, whose only attribute is being in the right place at the right time. Not a lot wrong with that, I know, but I don't think he's anywhere near the other 5 in terms of TALENT.

Fair enough, I just thought he played allright against us and noticed he scored quite a few goals this season :laugh::drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here