Other Please State

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Those blokes on mopeds in the late 60's

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mill wall 77

Villa in 1971-2? Let's not forget a certain South London club used to bring a lot down too.

Those blokes on mopeds in the late 60's
Mopeds in the late 60s looked like this
rally_runabout.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Was that a few 45 year Millwall (dockers?) in the north stand?

most were in front of the West Stand (to start with). F Troop, Treatment (wearing surgical masks!) and Half Way Liners I recall. It was ok until we equalised, then some fool scored the winner for Albion. Full time whistle followed by sprint training along OSRoad.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Spurs 78
West Ham 78
Chelsea 83
Man Utd 80
Millwall 77
Southampton 78
Pompey 77
Norwich 83
Birmingham 84
Other Please State

The Hammers game when the claret and blue scarves came out in the North stand at half time 81-82 season i think, could have been 82-83 though .

out of those listed probaly spurs 78-
pompey 77 were given a good go by the bosun in the north stand-west ham 78 also had their hands full in the south stand.birmingham 84 got run out the north west!- but best mob i recall was chelsea 73 might just be because i was a young lad though!

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Far too young to have seen any of the mobs mentioned so I'll say Cardiff City at the Goldstone in March 1997. The Soul Crew seemed to be everywhere outside the north stand and in the park after the game. I got punched in the face for no reason.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Far too young to have seen any of the mobs mentioned so I'll say Cardiff City at the Goldstone in March 1997. The Soul Crew seemed to be everywhere outside the north stand and in the park after the game. I got punched in the face for no reason.

with you on that one. didnt get hit though.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I can't remember what year it was, but Spurs were down, it may have been an evening game, I can't quite recall. But the North stand was full and I was refused entry. So I went into the North West corner. A couple of my mates were already in there and there was a few faces that I didn't recognise. Anyway went at half time to get a tea (I use that term loosely) all of a sudden there was a scuffle and the old bill went steaming in with a couple of stewards. A girl of around 15/16 was on the ground with St Johns, stewards and police crouched over her. She had been sliced right down the side of her face and there was blood everywhere. After the game I remember loads of us waited for them bastards to come out. They had a big big mob down that day and we really had our work cut out with them. I think it was either them or Chelsea, I recall the Headhunters running amok down Queens road, and West street.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Chelsea 83, mainly because of their numbers. I got two entirely separate knuckle sandwiches that day, only one of which was my own fault! Mind you, like many other mobs, coming to Brighton on a Friday night was never their most intelligent idea.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I must be a JCL, I can only remember Birmingham '84 out of that list! I remember Oxford brought an impressive mob down around '84-'85, anyone remember that?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
ist! I remember Oxford brought an impressive mob down around '84-'85, anyone remember that?

Impressive? Surely you meant 'A'?

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Impressive? Surely you meant 'A'?

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

No, I think it was the year they got promoted to the top division and they were allocated most of the east terrace, which they pretty much filled. I remember there was trouble inside and outside of the ground, some of the worst I'd seen there up until then, but I'd only been going since october '83

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Palace 2011. I'm still so scared that even typing it makes a little bit of wee emerge.

It's gotta be Chelsea in 83, or Spurs in 78, surely. As for the Pompey game in 1977, was only a nipper but all I recall is the North Stand screaming "you'll never make the station" at them. As for Cardiff in 97, was there trouble? I don't remember this at all, was in the North Stand and walked back to the car across the park - I must have been reading the programme, or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here