dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There's only one Micky Adams.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Coppell, McGhee, Taylor, Adams in that order

If MA can get us out of this division and keep us in the Championship for at least a season , he will become the best imo, although I expect him to end up with a budget that may be bigger than the other three put together to do it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Stats please.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can't believe anyone is voting Coppell. He did precisely f*** ALL with us apart from take us down.

Hinshelwood had basically already got us relegated when SC took over, and he did a bloody good job of keeping us in the division until the last day.

Had he been in charge from the start of the season, we wouldn't have been relegated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hinshelwood had basically already got us relegated when SC took over, and he did a bloody good job of keeping us in the division until the last day.

Had he been in charge from the start of the season, we wouldn't have been relegated.

Not totally convinced that's true as he did have us out of the bottom 3 about 5 games before the end of the season but then lost or drew against all the clubs around us that we played after that.

He would not have had Zamora who was injured for most of Hinshelwood's tenure if I remember correctly, so although I enjoyed him being here I am not convinced we ever had enough to stay up.

I voted for him because he has by far the best track record overall, just not with us.

That counts for nothing. His record reads that he got us relegated. You can't say with any certainty that he would have kept us up if he'd been there from the start. He took us down then f***ed off.

I wouldn't piss on that **** if he was on fire. Always has been and always will be Palace SCUM.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGhee, Adams, Taylor, Coppell, Wilkins, Booker, Hinsh

Coppells record showed

1st season - got us relegated

Went on holiday to Thailand for 6 weeks leaving Knight in the lurch as to whether he would sign the contract so no real planning for the next season could take place

2nd season - f***ed off after 12 games after the first half decent offer came along

Its a disgrace he is leading this poll.

Here we have a typical and good example of a prejudiced I D TEN T displaying an IQ of Zero!

f*** off. My opinion of Coppell isn't just based on his connections to the scum, or that he played for the red shite before that, but simply that he wasn't good enough to do the job he'd been brought into do. The fact that he is forever associated with the cuntiest teams doesn't help him though.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
He would not have had Zamora who was injured for most of Hinshelwood's tenure if I remember correctly, so although I enjoyed him being here I am not convinced we ever had enough to stay up.

True but he was available in the two games we lost against Grimsby and Watford at the end of Hinsh's time, two we could have easily got 4 points from.

And HAD he had a pre season with us, he would have probably got us in better players than Hinsh did, mainly no Kitson for a start! Also, in games like Millwall and Wimbledon away, even without Zamora, we should have at least got two draws because they were just as poor as we were.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Coppells record showed . . . . . .
Went on holiday to Thailand for 6 weeks . . . . . . f***ed off after 12 games after the first half decent offer came along .

If you were really in the know, as you would have us think in this post, you would know that he was not in Thailand for anything near six weeks. You would also know the true circumstances of his move to Reading.

You are speaking out of your arse again, just like your racing tips.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you were really in the know, as you would have us think in this post, you would know that he was not in Thailand for anything near six weeks. You would also know the true circumstances of his move to Reading.

You are speaking out of your arse again, just like your racing tips.

Yawn , why do people have to resort to personal insults. THERE IS NO NEED. Argue your point gobshite ( insults to an insult ) instead of being pathetic with name calling , if you can. Coppell may or may not have been in Thailand for 6 weeks, he did not sign his contract for 6 weeks which is the point, he also left for Reading unless I am mistaken after 12 games unless you are trying to say he didn't leave ?.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Come on then gobshite, enlighten us all.

I am sure that you are on NSC enough to have seen an accurate account of the lead up to Coppell going to Reading. If you have conveniently forgotten and really want to be reminded, use the search engine. There's much to read.

I think that in your case though it's true to say that, "There are none so deaf as those who do not want to hear and there are none so blind as those who do not want to see. " Prejudice has that effect.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The facts are he left for Reading after 12 games into the season after taking 6 weeks to sign the contract in the summer or am I missing something ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here