Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Itouch Apps

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Have Apple EVER referred to the iPod touch as an iTouch?

Personally I don't like the name and it winds me up when people use it. It is just another member of the iPod family, and therefore is named accordingly an iPod [model] just like every other one has been before it.

Ever since the iPhone people seem to think that adding an I to the beginning of any common word suddenly makes it the name of an Apple product. The iPod was never the iPersonalMP3Player just like the iMac was never the iMidrangepersonaldesktopcomputer.

GET IT RIGHT
Pedant alert!

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
I would second TuneIn Radio - very good. Other recommendations are:

Monopoly World
Sky+
AroundMe Brighton & Hove
Web Albums (For Picasa)
F1 2010 App (The Free one!)
Traffic Rush

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Get over it?

NO.

If you bought a Ferrari Enzo you'd jolly well want people to refer to it as just that at every opportunity. You wouldn't want people asking after your "Fenzo" would you?

It's just incorrect and the more people use it the more commonly accepted it becomes. There are several companies who trade under the name itouch whilst Apple have no claims to the name.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Someone was on Radio 1 yesterday talking about a new 'wine' app for the iPhone/iTouch.

It is the first application that can search based on a picture.

Basically, you take a picture of a wine bottle (well, the label), and it comes back with;

* What type of food the wine will go with
* How much you should expect to pay a bottle in a off license, supermarket, restaurant, etc. Which I think is great.

Alternatively, you can type in what you are going to have for dinner, and it will give you an idea of the type of wine you should be drinking.

I don't know how much it costs though.

I don't even have an iPhone/iTouch.

What am I doing here?

Hello?

Similar technology soon for a major energy firm where you will be able to take a photo of your meter and download the reading....madness!!

Not true, The amazon app will allow you to take a photo of a book or CD and it will recognise it and tell you how much it costs on amazon. I use it all the time when out shopping to compare the price.

None of these three will be much use for an iPod Touch.

*no camera*

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
NO.

If you bought a Ferrari Enzo you'd jolly well want people to refer to it as just that at every opportunity. You wouldn't want people asking after your "Fenzo" would you?

It's just incorrect and the more people use it the more commonly accepted it becomes. There are several companies who trade under the name itouch whilst Apple have no claims to the name.

Do you always refer to your favourite football team as Brighton and Hove Albion?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just bought Swords v Poker, (try the lite version first), and it is exactly as it says on the tin, but somehow works!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
NO.

:tantrum: :flounce: :flounce: :tantrum:

:laugh:

Like El Pres said, I suppose you won't be referring to our team as "The Seagulls" ever again then? :lol:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Just found this -

NDrive UK and Ireland - Sat Nav for £9.99!!

Ok, so not for an itouch but fantastic for an iphone. I just downloaded it today and it seems to be a good Tomtom clone and works really well - can't go wrong for a tenner!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
They have just brought out Football Manager 2010 for the iPhone/iPod Touch. £6.99 and its quality, very nice to use and mile better than any other footy manager on the iPhone.

well worth £6.99

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
They have just brought out Football Manager 2010 for the iPhone/iPod Touch. £6.99 and its quality, very nice to use and mile better than any other footy manager on the iPhone.

well worth £6.99
I'm with you there buddy - fairly knocks CM10 into a cocked hat, so it does!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just bought International Snooker for £2.99. Was going to get the 59p Ronnie O'Sullivan one, but the reviews said it keeps crashing.
Anyhoo, its an EXCELLENT snooker game. Physics are all spot-on and you can actually build a decent break as you work your way round the table. Fun CENTRAL.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The Lonely Planet apps are free at the moment as a gimmick over the volcano so I'm lead to believe. Apparently they are usually £9.99??

Get whilst you they are cheap.......which I'm lead to believe is today only.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
NO.

They are called an Enzo Ferrari :wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here