Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Itouch Apps

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Someone was on Radio 1 yesterday talking about a new 'wine' app for the iPhone/iTouch.

It is the first application that can search based on a picture.

Basically, you take a picture of a wine bottle (well, the label), and it comes back with;

* What type of food the wine will go with
* How much you should expect to pay a bottle in a off license, supermarket, restaurant, etc. Which I think is great.

Alternatively, you can type in what you are going to have for dinner, and it will give you an idea of the type of wine you should be drinking.

I don't know how much it costs though.

I don't even have an iPhone/iTouch.

What am I doing here?

Hello?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Someone was on Radio 1 yesterday talking about a new 'wine' app for the iPhone/iTouch.

Basically, you take a picture of a wine bottle (well, the label), and it comes back with;

* What type of food the wine will go with
* How much you should expect to pay a bottle in a off license, supermarket, restaurant, etc. Which I think is great.

Alternatively, you can type in what you are going to have for dinner, and it will give you an idea of the type of wine you should be drinking.

I don't know how much it costs though.

I don't even have an iPhone/iTouch.

What am I doing here?

Hello?

Similar technology soon for a major energy firm where you will be able to take a photo of your meter and download the reading....madness!!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town

Not true, The amazon app will allow you to take a photo of a book or CD and it will recognise it and tell you how much it costs on amazon. I use it all the time when out shopping to compare the price.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Not true, The amazon app will allow you to take a photo of a book or CD and it will recognise it and tell you how much it costs on amazon. I use it all the time when out shopping to compare the price.

Oh, pretty sure thats what they said on the radio. But then they would, if they're trying to sell it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Have Apple EVER referred to the iPod touch as an iTouch?

Personally I don't like the name and it winds me up when people use it. It is just another member of the iPod family, and therefore is named accordingly an iPod [model] just like every other one has been before it.

Ever since the iPhone people seem to think that adding an I to the beginning of any common word suddenly makes it the name of an Apple product. The iPod was never the iPersonalMP3Player just like the iMac was never the iMidrangepersonaldesktopcomputer.

GET IT RIGHT

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Personally I don't like the name and it winds me up when people use it. It is just another member of the iPod family, and therefore is named accordingly an iPod [model] just like every other one has been before it.

Ever since the iPhone people seem to think that adding an I to the beginning of any common word suddenly makes it the name of an Apple product. The iPod was never the iPersonalMP3Player just like the iMac was never the iMidrangepersonaldesktopcomputer.

GET IT RIGHT

Indeed a big peeve of mine and I've come close to renaming this thread around 7,843 times already.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No - It's £2.99, but £2.99 well spent IMHO - One of the greatest Amiga games for less than £3 - Bargain!

I'm just hoping for a SWOS 96-97 or Monkey Island :) Long Live Guybrush Threepwood!!!

I've had Monkey Island on my Touch for at least 6 months, possibly a lot longer. Just not got the chance to play it very much.

Championship Manager is currently taking up most of my casual gaming time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've got Championship Manager on mine, but much like the PC version, it just leaves me cold. I've tried to like it, but it just feels like a number-crunching exercise. Reeling off endless players stats, faffing around sorting out training etc etc between games. I dunno, it all feels like a bit of a CHORE.

I know I'm probably completely alone with this view, as finding CM boring is probably akin to finding Jessica Alba a bit of a munt. Can't help it though. Give me Angry Birds any time.

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London

GET IT RIGHT

Get over it?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I find CM10 a bit tiresome on the iPhone too. If FM10 is now available I might give that a go!

Bejeweled Blitz takes up most of my iPhone game time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here