Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best home game at the Goldstone

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm surprised that no one (especially ward4mellor3) hasn't mentioned the Walsall game when we were 0-0 at half time. Talk about the North stand going mental as Wardy and Mellor did what we remember them for for 45 unforgettable minutes.

My other highlights were the Derby League Cup tie when Wardy scored so early, the Eric Potts come from behind win against Sunderland (thousands of Sunderland fans down for a midweek game :bowdown:), the 3-1 thrashing of Tottenham when the original Tank scared the sh1t out of the Hoddle & co.
And for different reasons the York abandonment, Mansfield break-in and Fans United.

Of course the Walsall game was fantastic! If I had one complaint it was that all the goals were in the South Stand! At least the North Stand had a roof - boy did it rain that night!

Other favourites of mine were the Ipswich League Cup game (same seson as the Derby game)which we won 2-1, Norwich in the FA Cup (just watch the Video when Jimmy Case Scores to see how packed it was that day) and Sheffield Wednesday the night we got promoted. (think it was 3-1, Ward missed an early penalty)

As for the Spurs game above - yes great win, and a fantastic goal from Paul Clark, but probably the worst case of hooliganism I witnessed at the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here