Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best home game at the Goldstone

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Must be hundreds,
I'll start with the win against ipswich that got us into the play-offs against the odds. Had a bit of everything, Perrys penalty save & finished off with Dean Wilkins Cultured left foot:albion2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I did not see a huge amount in my 7 years at the Goldstone (maximum 70 matches), but I would like to put forward the A-A vs York City. The match that certainly changed our fortunes.

Other than that, I very much enjoyed the smash and grab 1-0 victory against Pompey in the FA Cup and the 1-0 vs Wigan when they were the runaway leaders and we were still at the bottom of the league. Perversely I quite enjoyed the 5-3 reverse against Cardiff. I did not make the 4-4 vs Orient and I missed the Fans United day. 1-0 vs Doncaster was rather good, although I was standing above the East Terrace outside the ground.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Millwall 4-1 in the Play Offs was a highlight for me. The Northstand was rockin.

Another was Nelson and Bremner (I think) both scoring in the last couple of minutes to give us a 2-1 victory against Pompey at on a rain soaked night.

Many great memories... many shit games!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
For me it was probably my very first game I went to see at the Goldstone.

Brighton 3 - 3 Liverpool ........think it was 1981.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
10-1 Wisbech. (And we won 9-1 at the next home game.)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I actually went to one game at the Goldstone Ground, an Intertoto cup game against FC Koln. I would say this would have been 1995/1996 season, not that I can remember it. We lost 8-0, I have the game on VHS. We fielded all our youth team. Good times.

Attendance : 2000.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I actually went to one game at the Goldstone Ground, an Intertoto cup game against FC Koln. I would say this would have been 1995/1996 season, not that I can remember it. We lost 8-0, I have the game on VHS. We fielded all our youth team. Good times.

22-Jul-95 1FC Cologne 0 - 8

Spurs matches played at The Goldstone Ground, Brighton and the team consisted of youth and loan players

2 days before my 3rd birthday.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
We beat Wolves 5-1 or 5-2 on a boiling hot summers day

Frank Worthington was immense.
North stand heaving and Wolves bought thousands down

My main memory was the pitch, it was always in brilliant nick

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
and obviously fans united 5-0 v Hartlepool on a murky and misty day
what an atmosphere (loads more in the ground than reported)

what a day and the goal difference from that match helped keep us in the league

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

22-Jul-95 1FC Cologne 0 - 8

Spurs matches played at The Goldstone Ground, Brighton and the team consisted of youth and loan players

2 days before my 3rd birthday.

The game against FC Koln was an AWAY game.

The two games Spurs played at the Goldstone were:

25/6/95 v Lucerne L 0-2 att 2,497
16/7/95 v Oesters L 1-2 att 2,143

:thumbsup:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
10-1 Wisbech. (And we won 9-1 at the next home game.)

I was at both games but I think you will find we lost 0-2 to QPR in between (pedant alert !!)
For me, the 2-1 win over Tranmere in the preceding season (Div 4 Championship) has to be the highlight. 24017 of us. The legendary Bobby Smith, late of Spurs & England got our first. One N.Gall headed the winner in the last minute. Tranmere were top at the time (April 10th)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The game against FC Koln was an AWAY game.

The two games Spurs played at the Goldstone were:

25/6/95 v Lucerne L 0-2 att 2,497
16/7/95 v Oesters L 1-2 att 2,143

:thumbsup:

I'm not having that what-so-ever. I have the video and I'm 100% sure it's the goldstone. I even asked about it on a Spurs forum, and they seem to think so too..

But yeah, on 'Hotspur Stats' it says that the Koln game was the Away game, so something strange is going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here