Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best guitar solo's

BarryBigMan

May 12, 2009
Time, by Pink Floyd

Such a spine-chilling and TIMEless solo every time I hear it. It isn't the most skilful, but certainly has a real impact on my mood.

If not that, then definitely Comfortably Numb without doubt.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Tom Morell did a rather special one on Saturday night with Bruce during The Ghost of Tom Joad.
No decent footage of it yet, but if any comes out I will post it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Another vote for Gary Moore, this time playing 'Need your love so bad'. I appreciate that Pete Green's version of this is considered to be the benchmark, but Gary was playing this in front him and I think he took it to a whole new level.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
That's really nice, thanks for posting, hadn't heard it before. The only song I really know of his (which I also like a lot) is a little more commercial :D :
[yt]f8S7MKbYcKQ[/yt]

Have a wander through their stuff on Youtube; it's a bonus if, like me, you also like their tunes, rather than just being a guitar-solo-perv!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
guitar solo in "Goodbye To Love" by the Carpenters is the best ever, end of.

by the late, great Tony Peluso - Paul McCartney tried but failed to persuade him to join Wings. Also Mick Ronson, Moonage Daydream (live or studio), Jeff Beck on Stevie Wonder's Looking For Another Pure Love and Glenn Tillbrook on Squeeze's Black Coffee In Bed - an understated masterpiece with not a note out of place.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
No one heard of the late Django Reinhardt, With his burnt withered finger hand he makes the accoustic guitar sound electric, Watch him on youtube and many of you will change your minds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here