Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Ever Meal?

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
in st ives theres a beach side resturant called al fresco and omg its the best place ever

i had for starter aubegine salad, then pieella(sp) then something else but it was great and the atmosphere was amazing as well with the sun setting

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
a pizza with blue cheese at an Italian restaurant in Brussels, don't remember the name.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I think that the BEST meal is when it's EXACTLY right the time. Fish and chips on the beach on a warmish spring day. Beans on toast and a cup of tea when you've come back from holiday in foreign. Raclette in a cafe/restaurant in Paris.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
One of my Sunday dinners.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
After driving round Scotland all day looking for a place to stay found a Pub/B&B in Cairndow. Incredibly hungry and had haggis stuffed chicken breast in whisky sauce, again nothing special but everything just 'clicked'.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i was thinking about this the other day actually as i was trying to remember the name of a restaurant...

had a meal at a fairly ordinary place called Sukhothai in dubai but had chicken like i never thought it could taste! cooked in leaves and just so tender it was unbelievable.

likewise, had some of the best meat i've ever had from the smith on 3rd ave in manhattan down around 11th. not sure if it was anything particularly amazing as it's a pretty regular place, but at the time i could've sworn it was the best food i ever had. had to get it as takeout in the end as our bus was leaving for an overnight drive to the depths of north carolina and sat there in the lounge stuffing our faces.. i can still taste the beef and gravy now!

above all though, i swear no-one can make a better dish than my old local chinese in clapton! ming, on northworld road. f***ing amazing tucker :)

Oct 2, 2008
Have eaten in some great places in some wonderful countries but very few trump the late great Grandgousier restaurant in Little Preston Street. Fantastic food, nice atmosphere, great value & service. I`m sure theres a few of you out there who share my happy memories

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have eaten in some great places in some wonderful countries but very few trump the late great Grandgousier restaurant in Little Preston Street. Fantastic food, nice atmosphere, great value & service. I`m sure theres a few of you out there who share my happy memories

Good call! That six-course set menu was something else :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Englishes in the Laines which is fantastic a very rare treat.

I think that the BEST meal is when it's EXACTLY right the time. Fish and chips on the beach on a warmish spring day. Beans on toast and a cup of tea when you've come back from holiday in foreign. Raclette in a cafe/restaurant in Paris.

You old romantic. :smile:

The meal that immediately springs to mind is this little BEAUTY, served up in Croatia last year. Pork chop, beef steak, chicken kebab, lamb kofte, sausage, mushrooms, chips, chilli sauce and half a red onion. Get in my BELLY.

10432_142466171785_578246785_3086990_3631524_n.jpg

Oh yeah, and anything from Hove Kebab House.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
You old romantic. :smile:

The meal that immediately springs to mind is this little BEAUTY, served up in Croatia last year. Pork chop, beef steak, chicken kebab, lamb kofte, sausage, mushrooms, chips, chilli sauce and half a red onion. Get in my BELLY.

10432_142466171785_578246785_3086990_3631524_n.jpg

Oh yeah, and anything from Hove Kebab House.

That looks good, very good indeed. I'm going to have to go to Lockwood kebabs :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Exactamundo, which kinda sums up the moment of chips in pitta bread on a Summer evening in an unfamiliar little Devon town.

It probably cost £4 but ranks over £150+ meals I've had, although they were very nice too.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fat duck was memorable but...

I think my first ever meal at Zuma in Knightsbridge (2006?) was most memorable, some of the flavours were just out of this world and the black cod probably surpassed any individual dish I have ever had.

The best steak I have ever had was a t-bone at Cut in LA, melt in your mouth stuff. Half the cast of friends were on the table next to me, a very surreal meal.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A Bacon sandwich and a cup of tea!

Failing that a beef and tomato pot noodle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here