Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best European ground to visit for a game….

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
evening everyone,

I’m hitting the big 40 in march and my son wants to take me to a European fixture, i’ve thought maybe Dortmund but seems it’s near impossible to get a ticket, just wondering if anyone has been there for a game, or can recommend any other grounds to go to…. have done munich, nou camp, Pge narodowy (warsaw) and psg

looking around april,may time….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
evening everyone,

I’m hitting the big 40 in march and my son wants to take me to a European fixture, i’ve thought maybe Dortmund but seems it’s near impossible to get a ticket, just wondering if anyone has been there for a game, or can recommend any other grounds to go to…. have done munich, nou camp and psg

I’ve done about 50 European grounds.

Dortmund is great for sure.

Some others Ive been to that I would recommend (I’m sure there are many others):

San Siro (always a game there of course, easy enough to get tickets)
Valencia
Amsterdam Arena
Feyenoord
Malmo
Anderlecht
Benfica

PSV and Borussia Moenchengladbach are on my list but not made it there yet

That’s a few to start with!

Edit - also Athletic Bilbao. And although the Betis ground is nicer, it’s the Seville derby in May with Sevilla at home, that should be a cracker too!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
evening everyone,

I’m hitting the big 40 in march and my son wants to take me to a European fixture, i’ve thought maybe Dortmund but seems it’s near impossible to get a ticket, just wondering if anyone has been there for a game, or can recommend any other grounds to go to…. have done munich, nou camp, Pge narodowy (warsaw) and psg

Think you will get tickets for any game on the resale sites stubhub etc. just google the fixture + tickets and you will find options and probably reasonable prices.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Hajduk Split without a doubt ,try and do a double with RNK Split . If not HNK Trogir a ground with water around 3 sides and the only ground in the world with a UNESCO World Heritage site at both ends .

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Hajduk Split without a doubt ,try and do a double with RNK Split . If not HNK Trogir a ground with water around 3 sides and the only ground in the world with a UNESCO World Heritage site at both ends .

wow HNK Trogir looks a impressive stadium

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
wow HNK Trogir looks a impressive stadium

Big isn't always best . Still yet to tick HNK despite having 6 different holidays in the area. 328 visted and i still want to sit there beer in hand to say i've done it .

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Big isn't always best . Still yet to tick HNK despite having 6 different holidays in the area. 328 visted and i still want to sit there beer in hand to say i've done it .

Yes agree for me it’s not about size of stadium but all round experience…. it’s definitely going on the list….

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Yes agree for me it’s not about size of stadium but all round experience…. it’s definitely going on the list….

Great stuff ,beautiful town aswell ,Away to Montenegro next week ,2 grounds lined up both Div 2 . International break ,but needs must .A tip PFC Nessabar near Sunny Beach in Bulgaria proper old school communist ground and a cheap holiday thrown in .

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
In Germany if you don’t do Dortmund I would suggest Koln or maybe Frankfurt. Obviously on a weekend you’ll also be able to do at least another 2 matches.

Others to consider (that I’ve done) would be Valencia, Bilbao, USG, Ajax.

My current ‘to do’ list includes Feyenoord, Sweden/Denmark, Fiorentina and Genoa

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cruyff Arena is worth it if you're basing yourself in Amsterdam and there's a game but it's just a big stadium. The two unmissable stadiums in NL are De Adelaarshorst and De Kuip. Then get train to Germany

The bias...

Happy with the season so far?

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's Germany or Holland for me when doing European weekends, always great fun. Feyenoord is class, but I recommend stay in Amsterdam. I really liked Eindhoven. Koln was great, both the game and the city. I got to a Dortmund game which was ok (check the club website for their 'tourist deals', I think it was called 'Adrenaline pass' or similar). Dortmund itself ain't great though. If you want to combine football with some decent weather got to the Mastella although I thought Sevilla was good and Malaga is always a good trip even though football is not great. Did Farenvaros (sp) and you have to join, giving then a fingerprint. I wouldn't bother with all shiz now. Enjoy, wherever you get to....

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've only done one game abroad, went to Riga for my 30th and we ended up chatting to a load of Irish lads who were in town for a euro qualifier against Latvia and they had extra tickets.
The Skonto stadium is the second largest stadium in Latvia and has a little over 8000 seats, but that is wildly optimistic seeing as though Riga FC get an average attendance of 500!
Being in with the lads from "Norn Iron" was a good craic even though they lost 1-0. I did also witness the brutality of the Latvian 5-0 when they batoned the shit out of a Irish lad for walking on a bit of grass on the approach to the ground.
I did not like Latvia at all, miserable people, vodka like petrol and we were politely asked to leave a bar at gunpoint for refusing to buy the ladies there a drink.

84so.jpg

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Montpellier or Marseille both with good food and wine locally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here