Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Conspiracy Thoeries

Yes but the ultimate question is who do you believe? what the Government feeds you (media) or what people tell you. You seem to take offence if someone mentions propaganda. The reason conspiracy theories now are bigger than ever are simply because the media is now the biggest weapon of them all for governments. They can control us with it. They tell us how poor and bad life is in other countries making us feel as if our countries doing great. I mean come on! H. Clinton only yestreday stated she believes The US needs to push gay rights in other countries (manly muslims countries) which she is claiming to be human rights. Anyone think this is all in aid of the Islamaphobia our governments are creating with the media.

Where did I take offence at someone mentioning propaganda?

I don't really understand the first question - it's based on a completely false (IMHO) premise. I make my own opinion of events based upon the available information. Do you really believe that all media simply regurgitates what the media tells it? That at least some media outlets wouldn't delight in being able to show the government up as lying or misinforming people? From the off this idea of 'MSM' relies on a huge conspiracy involves hundreds of people, controlling and not reporting the facts.

The reason that conspiracy theories are 'bigger than ever' (something I would dispute) is because of the internet and the ease with which ideas (even wacky ones) can be distributed, it's nothing to do with government control.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I make my own opinion of events based upon the available information.

which sadly for you is very restricted. Have you not wondered why a Nato attack killing 26 pakistan troops in their own country gets less media attention to what happened to the english embassy in Iran?

which sadly for you is very restricted. Have you not wondered why a Nato attack killing 26 pakistan troops in their own country gets less media attention to what happened to the english embassy in Iran?

If you think our media is very restricted, I suggest you try living in Russia (where the state-controlled TV station is not mentioning the large protests) or Syria.

Just out of interest, is this the attack that you are talking about?
BBC News - Pakistan outrage after
BBC News - Nato: we caused Pakistan troop deaths

Nato attack kills Pakistani troops, says country's military | World news | guardian.co.uk

Yes, not mentioned at all. Being realistic, one involved British people and property and one didn't, are you really surprised that one got more media coverage than the other?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For the same reason that a flood in Leicester gets more coverage than a flood in India. In other words the coverage given to stories is proportionate to the amount of interest that editors think their audience will have in each event. That's just human nature, nothing to do with government control.

PS - I watch a lot of Al Jazera, that obviously gives a slightly different priority to stories.

Just out of interest, where should I get my information from? And please don't start mentioning youtube videos - I'm talking about serious journalism, a la Al Jazeera.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
For the same reason that a flood in Leicester gets more coverage than a flood in India. In other words the coverage given to stories is proportionate to the amount of interest that editors think their audience will have in each event. That's just human nature, nothing to do with government control.

PS - I watch a lot of Al Jazera, that obviously gives a slightly different priority to stories.

ok, your right. English/US media isn't corrupt and if it were then only on a small scale. there is no way in hell our media is controlled to make us think in a certain way.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Just out of interest, where should I get my information from? And please don't start mentioning youtube videos - I'm talking about serious journalism, a la Al Jazeera.

Travel. Actually go to these 'evil countries' and talk to the people. You'll find most of them dislike the US and its machine like plan for the east. Once you travel around the world and then return back to the land of Henry the 8th. You'll understand why we are the mad ones and if anything it should be our countries getting invaded by others.

Travel. Actually go to these 'evil countries' and talk to the people. You'll find most of them dislike the US and its machine like plan for the east. Once you travel around the world and then return back to the land of Henry the 8th. You'll understand why we are the mad ones and if anything it should be our countries getting invaded by others.

Have you done that then?

No, really, I thought everyone loved the US.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? If I want news on current affairs, and want to get a non-Americanised/British version of events, where do I go for it? Because if you read the Al Jazeera coverage of the Russian protests, which Putin has claimed was stoked by the US, you'll find a remarkably similar article to that on the BBC. The same with it's coverage of Syria.

The point is, all news sources are coloured by i) the journalists covering the event ii) the desires of the audience. News on the UK is going to feature more prominently on the 10 O'Clock News, because that's what audiences are most interested in. Events in Syria, when covered, will have something of a Western slant because *shock horror* the BBC journalists are Westerners. Again, that doesn't mean they are corrupt.

So far, all you've managed to do is make a series of completely unsubstantiated claims about the media, and rejected any logic explanation or supposition because it doesn't fit your view. Yet apparently it's everyone else that has a closed mind.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Tax exempt foundations

Here's an interview with G. Edward Griffin from 30 years ago, which does quite a good job explaining the tax exempt foundations.

(yes I know it's another youtube video, but I'm afraid that it's the preferred method people use for up loading information to the internet. We do actually live in a society of free enterprise, & youtube do appear to have cornered this market)

Yes Luckly i've been able to avoid the suppression most deal with when a Government decides how free they really are.

Sorry, you've travelled to all these countries and spoken to all the people and on the basis of your unsubstantiated conversations you want us to believe there is a global conspiracy that controls all the media and flies planes into buildings?

Colour me slightly more secptical than you, but I want a little more proof than the internet ramblings on youtube of borderline pychotic care in the community rejects and your own personal claims to have held conversations with johnny foreigner.

I've seen parodies of 9/11 conspiracy theories posted on youtube, clearly flagged as parodies by the youtuber, which have then been reposted on conspiracy sites like prison planets within an hour as fact. Try applying some critical reasoning and occams razor.

edit to add - I do not mean you are borderline psychotic but the HUGE majority of the wingnut youtubers certainly are. The likes of nephilimfree and venomfangx are the intelligent range of youtubers compared to the average conspiracy wingnutter.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
ok, your right. English/US media isn't corrupt and if it were then only on a small scale. there is no way in hell our media is controlled to make us think in a certain way.
Eh? How is that in any way related to what I wrote? I never mentioned corruption or media control (I guess by government?) Did you quote the wrong post?

EDIT: And I suggest you read sten_super's post #169. It's odd that you think we're the ones with closed minds when it's you who thinks in a pre-set, pre-planned way using the same parameters for every event and not prepared to entertain any other point of view.

Last edited:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
So all us who dont trust our Governements should just turn around and say 'Sorry i have a different perspective to you on the matter of terror caused by our governments, sorry my head is too much outside the box you've created for me to think in, and sorry for being unlogical about the reality you/we are in. Sorry for not being a sheep. Sorry for not being guilable. Next time there is news like '9/11 was caused by the US government' if its not in a news paper or a news channel then next time I'll make sure I def not believe it.

why are we actually worse than sheep? becuase the sheep has a faster, quicker thinking species to gather and control them. We employ people dumber than ourselves to control are lives.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Eh? How is that in any way related to what I wrote? I never mentioned corruption or media control (I guess by government?) Did you quote the wrong post?

EDIT: And I suggest you read sten_super's post #169. It's odd that you think we're the ones with closed minds when it's you who thinks in a pre-set, pre-planned way using the same parameters for every event and not prepared to entertain any other point of view.

wrong post. sorry

So all us who dont trust our Governements should just turn around and say 'Sorry i have a different perspective to you on the matter of terror caused by our governments, sorry my head is too much outside the box you've created for me to think in, and sorry for being unlogical about the reality you/we are in. Sorry for not being a sheep. Sorry for not being guilable. Next time there is news like '9/11 was caused by the US government' if its not in a news paper or a news channel then next time I'll make sure I def not believe it.

why are we actually worse than sheep? becuase the sheep has a faster, quicker thinking species to gather and control them. We employ people dumber than ourselves to control are lives.

I despair.

Sten Super has repeatedly shown that he (?) has a questioning and reasoning mind open to evidence and willing, if necessary, to change his viewpoint. All you have done is present a series of unsubstantiated accusations that we are (essentially) thick sheeple because some of us can read and assess REAL evidence on subjects like the World Trades Centre's and come to a logical conclusion which rejects the wingnut conspiracy theories.

Tell me, what would it take to make you change your mind and convince you that you are wrong in your beliefs?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

No. None of us fully 'trust' our governments. We all know that politicians lie, we all know that governments say one thing and do another, we all accept that there are things happening in the background that are deliberately kept from us, we know that big corporations, organisations and government collude with each for their own benefit and not ours, we know that politicians put pressure on the media (with varying degrees in varying in countries) to make them toe the party line. The difference between us and you is that you think that that is the case FOR EVERY SINGLE THING. Hence my comment about your closed mind. Despite what you might think Occam's Razor is not some gimmick marketed by Big Pharm in order to lull the masses into a false sense of security.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You keep answering rational posts full of examples and factual evidence with bizarre ramblings that relate in NO way to what the other person has said.

From an outsider's point of view, trust me; it's not helping your case.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I despair.

Sten Super has repeatedly shown that he (?) has a questioning and reasoning mind open to evidence and willing, if necessary, to change his viewpoint. All you have done is present a series of unsubstantiated accusations that we are (essentially) thick sheeple because some of us can read and assess REAL evidence on subjects like the World Trades Centre's and come to a logical conclusion which rejects the wingnut conspiracy theories.

Tell me, what would it take to make you change your mind and convince you that you are wrong in your beliefs?

Yes, you are a sheep if you deny the conspiracy theories. We are controlled by Nazis. Why teh f*** should you believe these guys?

What would convince me to change my beliefs? is this what happened to you then is it? any chance your involved in scientology?

I despair.

Thanks readingstockport. I wrote something similar but then abandoned it before posting. And yes, I'm a he.

[MENTION=17759]Falmer[/MENTION], I am aware how the world works. I was aware that the Murdoch empire puts pressure on MPs and other people in power to do things in their interest, for example. I believe that the system of government is open to exploitation. As I initially said, I don't believe the story of Flight 93. I have *some* evidence of these things that has persuaded me to these viewpoints. You have presented no evidence for anything you've said. Yet I'm the sheep, and you are the enlightened one. Apparently.

edit to add: The following quote is an example of your entire mindset, and what is, to me at least, wrong with it. The ability to change your mind is NOT a weakness.

What would convince me to change my beliefs? is this what happened to you then is it? any chance your involved in scientology?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here