Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best comedy sketch of all time?

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
hiney said:
Basil Fawlty & Mrs Richards when she's asking to speak to the manager and ends up talking to Basil

CK Watt???

Fecking quality :clap2:

But the David Brent dance routine is also classic as are all the others that have been mentioned aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!
:bounce:

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
The Fawlty Towers 'Germans' episode - the scene where he's taking the orders.

"Don't mention the war!"

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
The Fawlty Towers 'Germans' episode - the scene where he's taking the orders.

German: You started it.
Fawlty: No I didn't, you invaded Poland.

:lolol:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
del boy on jolly to southend then the coach blows up :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Only Fools - bar scene & chandlier

Monty Python - Dead parrot

'Allo Allo - candle with the handle on the gateaux in the chateau

Two Ronnies and Morecambe & Wise - most of their sketches

Dad's Army - captured Germans 'Vot is your name?' 'Don't tell him Pike'

Russell27

Sep 20, 2003
has to b only fools and horses (yuppy love)

or mayb fawlty towers (the Geramns)

The office aint a bad 3rd place either

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Life of Brian, stoning scene.

Laurel and Hardy, 'Helpmates', Stan holding on to the piano as it hurtles downhill at 100mph.

'So I married an Axe Murderer', the scene at home with his Scottish parents ('Hid, move yer gargantuan cranium....if yer caaan...)

Got to agree aswell with the Del Boy through the bar scene, and the chandelier
("Is it valuable, Del Boy?"....."Nah Grandad, nah....BUT IT WAS BLOODY PRICELESS WHEN IT WAS 'ANGING UP THERE...")

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
ChutneyStirrer said:
Not The Nine O'Clock News - The Scandinavian Pharmacy (I think)

"Great old chestnuts of the world: number 8, The Swedish Chemist's Shop" - my choice exactly mate!!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Mr Popkins said:
The dance David brent does in the Office.

makes me piss myself everytime i see it!

or any sketch by the Two Ronnies,

I think The Office is genius and love it. BUT I watched the 2nd series again recently and I'm convinced it's not as funny as we remember - surely we spend most of our time watching in horror, giggling at Tim's antics. It is a genius programme but am I the only one who doesn't laugh at it? It's just so grim!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've got the tape of an old Rowan Atkinson Live in Belfast LP somewhere, and the set of three marriage sketches is superb. Speeches by the vicar, best man and father of the bride. Top drawer.

I was also a massive Tony Hancock fan at school, and remember being able to recite virtually the entire half an hour of The Blood Donor and The Radio Ham. Sadly, there was someone else in the class who could do the same (Shanks, where are you?)

Last edited:

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
The Rowan Atkinson sketch where he is the devil welcoming people to hell is brilliant: "Athiests over there, bet you feel really stupid now."

Taking it to a different point, rather than sketch, practically any Bill Hicks stand up routine. This man was god. Love his take on English football, the Gulf War, smoking (I only smoke for one reason and that is spite) etc. My favourite is on the 7th day fundamentalists claiming god invented dinosaurs to test our faith and if you believed it (it seemed so plausible) you went to hell - "does anyone else get freaked out by a religion in which the main idea is that god is just f***ing with our minds." The man was brilliant and I was as upset when he died as I was for any "celebrity."

But if it has to be a sketch, Monty Python's cheese shop sketch had me in stitches.

"Fuckoff Baldrick" is a classic

But the best one for me is Trigger's broom from OFAH. He gets a special award for having the same broom for 25 years - but he's brought 5 new handles and 8 new brushes!:lolol:

David Brent is also funny

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brent- The Office (1st time round at least)

Alan Partridge "I'm yer number one fan Alan!"

"leave me alone, you're a mentalist!"

Chandelier in OFAH, mainly because I've seen the bar one too many times.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
spellcheck said:
Blackadder II - Bells

Scene 6: Dr Leech's Surgery.

Good spot, spellcheck. That is a top, top scene.

"It's not every day you wake up and realise that you're a screaming bender, with no more right to live on God's clean Earth than a weasel. Still, why should I worry? It just leaves more rrrrampant totty for us real men..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here