Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best comedy sketch of all time?

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
BrightonBird just reminded me of something I haven't heard since I was a kid. I would have been about 10 and it was Christmas at my uncle's house. All kids were told to go play elsewhere and the adults put on a record in another room. I sneakily listened for a bit and thought it was a strange record as it had talking instead of music. I have since found out that it was probably Jasper Carrott (does anyone else think he's not funny anymore?). Anyway it was a skit on the Magic Roundabout:
Zebedee: Time for bed
Florence: f*** off Zebedee

I was only 10, but it really amused me.

Talking of Jasper Carrott, he had one routine where he described overtaking in Asia. Jist of which is that when a car wants to turn right, he indicates left which makes you pull out to overtake. You stop the oncoming traffic, which was the indicating driver's aim as he really wanted to turn right but needed someone to stop the opposing cars. JC tells it funny though. This is my last weekend in Bangkok after being here since November, and it's worse than JC makes it sound!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Young Ones/Tampax/"telescope with a mousey in it"

Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em - when he went for an interview in his mac, sat on a clothes-peg and the interviewer tries to unclip the peg off his mac "I'M A MARRIED MAN!"
....then when he sees what he sat on; "I'm hoping to have children"

Of course, I have to remind you of the Python sketch where the couple get introduced to the Nazi leaders plotting in the bed and breakfast living room "and this is that nice Mr Hilter, .....Mister Bimmler, .....Ron Vibbentropp .
"How are you liking Meinhead Mr Hilter ?
"vy do you ask Britischer pig - are you a spy?"
"This is a map of Stalingrad - you won't have much fun in Stalingrad !"

Other Monty greats were the climbing of the High Street, the climbing of BOTH peaks of Kilimanjaro, the argument sketch, 'nudge nudge' ....and the stoning in Life of Brian was outrageous, as was Juliuth Theathar and Biggus Dickus :>))

Fawlty Towers; The old lady selling her house in Brighton, with the vase ... where Basil bets on a horse-race on 'Dragonfly' .
None of the Fawlty series could be accused of not being hilarious really. Characters 'The Major' and 'Manuel' were absolutely brilliant .

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Constable Savage.

"During the past month, savage you have brought no fewer than 117 ludicrous, petty and trumped up charges."

"Yes, sir."

"Against the same man, Savage. A Mr Winston Kodogo of 55 Mercer Road. Tell me, Savage... is Mr Kodogo by any chance a... coloured... gentleman?"

"Well I can't say I've ever noticed sir"

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Morecombe and Wise

Andre Previn "You are playing all the wrong notes"

Eric - "Mr Preview - I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Not the Nine o'Clock News

"When I caught Gerrald he was wild".

Gerrald (a Gorilla) - "Wild? I was livid!"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Steve Coogan on the phone in Coogan's run: "Yeah it's been ages, we'll have to get together, do the town, get absolutely rat-arsed. Alright then, seeya mum, bye, bye"

Or the old guy in Life of Brian when the Romans come to search the place: "You haven't given us chance to hide!"

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fools and Horses and the bar scene was funny but there have been numerous other very funny comic moments:

Men behaving badly - Tony to Debs "what colour is your bush"

Basil and the hotel inspectors

Loads of Black Adder - too many to mention

Porridge and the stolen pineapple chunks

Dads Army - Sergeant Wilson, brilliant comic acting

Carry on Films - all about delivery or the classic line "Infamy Infamy they've got it in for me"

Or delivery - how funny was "Watcha Dave" in Fools and Horses, everytime it was said

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
All those mentioned were laughs aplenty, another couple I enjoyed were Partridge on the pa at the village fate and Pythons twit of the year.

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
Mine would be the "4 Yorkshiremen" sketch!

"When i was a lad we had to get up,lick the road clean,work 28 hours a day,and then our father would beat us to death when we got home!"

lol

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Python and Only fools and horse are both choke full of the best sketches. but the absolute best sketch ever has to be Moore and Cook's one legged man

"Ive got nothing against your left leg... probem is, niether have you"

Harry Enfield, a Kevin & Perry sketch where Kevin's grandad has just died, his parents are hugging and crying in the living room, enter Perry, doing this little headbanging dance: "Hello Mr & Mrs Patterson! SMACK MY BITCH UP! SMACK MY BITCH UP!............................oh" :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Dunkstar said:
Mine would be the "4 Yorkshiremen" sketch!

"When i was a lad we had to get up,lick the road clean,work 28 hours a day,and then our father would beat us to death when we got home!"

lol

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here