Votes: 44 66.7%
  • tony bloom

Votes: 22 33.3%

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Stupid poll as bloom should win hands down:clap:
Yes knight took over when we had nout but unlike many on here i don't believe we would have gone bust if knight hadn't taken over.

The problem i had with knight is that all money used to keep us going wasn't his but loans.The club for a fact would be in serious danger right now if knight was at the helm,plus our debts would be so so massive.

Bloom is mr albion:clap:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Everything is always cut and dried with our Mr Vulture. Knight was evil, Bloom is God and the Labour party are rotten to the core. The sooner he realises that life isn't that simple, then the better it will be for all of us.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
If there was any excuse to close NSC down until next season starts, this is it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This poll really could cause a lot of arguments:lolol:
You have the dick knight lickers v the bloom bombers:D

Personally i think this thread should be closed:shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just out of interest why isn'y Bloom perfect? What more does he have to do or spend?
Hasn't he changed the terms of ownership of the club, where there were once safeguards in place that prevented more than one person having outright control of the club?

Not saying it's not justified giving the amount of money he's pumping in, but that could cause problems down the line.

He's also absolutely MINTED. He's pumped a phenominal amount of money in, and we're all *very* grateful for this, but it's worth bearing in mind that this is a lot easier to do if money is really not an object.

This isn't an anti Bloom rant, I just find the sneering at Dick Knight by people like vulture and sir albion a little depressing, tiresome and very one eyed, as if Bloom can do no wrong. If I was worth £1000m, I'd probably build a stadium for the club too. Do I win a tenner?

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hasn't he changed the terms of ownership of the club, where there were once safeguards in place that prevented more than one person having outright control of the club?

Not saying it's not justified giving the amount of money he's pumping in, but that could cause problems down the line.

He's also absolutely MINTED. He's pumped a phenominal amount of money in, and we're all *very* grateful for this, but it's worth bearing in mind that this is a lot easier to do if money is really not an object.

This isn't an anti Bloom rant, I just find the sneering at Dick Knight by people like vulture and sir albion a little depressing, tiresome and very one eyed, as if Bloom can do no wrong. If I was worth £1000m, I'd probably build a stadium for the club too. Do I win a tenner?
Sneering?
I respect dick knight like most and will never forget that,just felt for many years as predicted that he was out of his deph.:smile:

Its all about opinions and i felt the club could not move on in the right direction with knight in charge.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy

He's also absolutely MINTED. He's pumped a phenominal amount of money in, and we're all *very* greatful for this, but it's worth bearing in mind that this is a lot easier to do if money is really not an object.

Quite a few chairmen/directors are minted but that still doesn't mean they like opening their wallets.
We asked for a knight in shinning armour to come along and fund Falmer and that's eactly what has happened.We can also expect transfer fees to be paid again during the summer.
Without Bloom's investment this club was heading slowly for oblivion.
But as you say both Bloom and Knight deserve respect for different reasons.It was the right time for Knight to step down as you can overstay your welcome and i didn't want him to tarnish all the hard work he has done for this club down the years.
I ignore cretins like Vulture/Sir Albion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sneering?
I respect dick knight like most and will never forget that,just felt for many years as predicted that he was out of his deph.:smile:

Its all about opinions and i felt the club could not move on in the right direction with knight in charge.
For the last 3 or 4 years of his chairmanship, you spent your whole time moaning on here insinuating that he wasn't spending money he should have been. Weren't you in favour of that crap, shady bid fronted by Steve Foster?

Personally I felt Mr Knight did a good job, but was he always came across as a bit egotistical, IMO, with his Branson-esque craving for public support (which bordered on craving for acclaim). However, he did a reasonable enough job managing the debts and while it took far too long getting Falmer built, I am happy in hindsight that he saw the job through because we're in a great position now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite a few chairmen/directors are minted but that still doesn't mean they like opening their wallets.
We asked for a knight in shinning armour to come along and fund Falmer and that's eactly what has happened.We can also expect transfer fees to be paid again during the summer.
Without Bloom's investment this club was heading slowly for oblivion.
But as you say both Bloom and Knight deserve respect for different reasons.It was the right time for Knight to step down as you can overstay your welcome and i didn't want him to tarnish all the hard work he has done for this club down the years.
I ignore cretins like Vulture/Sir Albion.
I agree with what you say, but to be fair, you asked me why Bloom was *not* perfect. I'm not saying I'm not grateful to him for pumping money into the club, I can assure you of that.

I think we also need to judge his chairmanship on a bit more than 20 months or whatever it's been, where he started off by sacking Wilkins and giving the job to Micky Adams, who most of us could see was going to be a disastrous appointment at the time.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
For the last 3 or 4 years of his chairmanship, you spent your whole time moaning on here insinuating that he wasn't spending money he should have been. Weren't you in favour of that crap, shady bid fronted by Steve Foster?

Personally I felt Mr Knight did a good job, but was he always came across as a bit egotistical, IMO, with his Branson-esque craving for public support (which bordered on craving for acclaim). However, he did a reasonable enough job managing the debts and while it took far too long getting Falmer built, I am happy in hindsight that he saw the job through because we're in a great position now.
Think you have me mixed up with someone else bud:wink:
We all knew dick had little money thats what was frustrating and also the begging bowls were common then.:wink:

Enjoy the sunshine:D

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
11,000 posts of swearing,anti labour crap and general shit.Noone can beat you for being nsc biggest dickhead to ever register.I'm not even bothering to answer your stupid and pointless question.
Now do us all a favor and section yourself,just ask your GP.[/QUOTE

I have a history of mental illness you f***ing prick....pm me you wanker and i put you straight on a few things like this is a f***ing message board where people can post their views if you dont like have me on your ignore list or dont f***ing read you prick

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Everything is always cut and dried with our Mr Vulture. Knight was evil, Bloom is God and the Labour party are rotten to the core. The sooner he realises that life isn't that simple, then the better it will be for all of us.

My stalker returns :clap2:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
thought better of you Vulture but I'll forgive you because you are obviously bored :smile:

not bored mate just sick to death of all the f***ing leftie whingers on here moan moan f***ing moan....crofts going tories getting in etc....just thought I put something on here that would stir up the pointless leftie bloom bashing I miss knight pricks that post on here..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
not bored mate just sick to death of all the f***ing leftie whingers on here moan moan f***ing moan....crofts going tories getting in etc....just thought I put something on here that would stir up the pointless leftie bloom bashing I miss knight pricks that post on here..

To be honest, most of the people moaning about Bloom are people who probably moaned while Knight was there as well as they just tend to like moaning. As has been said above, this must be the most pointless poll ever and I am sure Bloom and Knight would be embarassed for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here