Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best british Films

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Watched The Martins last night, quality film starring Lee Evans and Kathy Burke.
Superb cameo with Ray Winstone dressed up as a clown shouting "where's the f***ing rabbit"

Shame there aren't more decent British films around with a bit of humour.
Too many of them are depressing and why do they all star Christopher Ecclestone? Miserable twat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't look much further than Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells for a classic Brit-flick. Some of the dialogue in that film knocks Tantantino into a tin hat, one of my all-time favourite films ever ever EVER.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A Matter Of Life And Death starring David Niven is pretty damn awesome. It was made in 1946 and is about 'A World war II airman, shot down but accidentally missed by Death, who falls in love while his right to live is debated in a heavenly courtroom.'
Sound a bit crap? It isn't. Decades ahead of its time.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Lock Stock is a classic, I forgot about it when I was thinking of decent movies.
I kept thinking about The Full Monty and Billy shagging Elliot, both films I thought were pretty rubbish and massively over rated.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
n1 gull said:
I kept thinking about The Full Monty and Billy shagging Elliot, both films I thought were pretty rubbish and massively over rated.
Ahh, I'm not the only one then. I couldn't BELIEVE the hype surrounding The Full Monty. It was shit. Just because you see some blokes arses (ooooh, cheeky !) :rolleyes: and it was all about stripping, everyone seemed to have this down as some kind of British comedy classic masterclass. It wasn't. It was absolute dross. Billy Elliott was alright I suppose, nothing special though.

And another one which can be filed under "monstrously overrated" is Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Love, Honour and Obey is my favourite !!

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Sexy Beast?
28 Days Later?
Shaun of the Dead?
Snatch?

And going back a bit, aren't the older James Bond films british (Pinewood studios)? Then there's a host of war films (Dambusters, 633 Squadron, Battle of Britain, Zulu). Add to that pretty much anything with Michael Caine.

And why not...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Quadrophenia is definitely up there.
So far in the best British film list we have;

Lock Stock and 2 smoking barrels

Quadropenia

A matter of life and death -
I've not seen it, but
it stars David Niven and that's good enough for
me. His autobiography The moons a balloon is an
absolute classic.

Jul 20, 2003
crasher said:
The Third Man.

damn straight

Ice Cold in Alex
The Hill
Dead Of Night
The Wicker Man
Twentyfourseven
Get Carter
Brief Encounter
Long Good Friday
My Name is Joe
Zulu

"look at 'em, there's thousands of 'em"

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
Get Carter hasgot to up there a classic full of one liners Michael Caine at his best!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here