Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BEST and WORST shirt sponsors we've ever had.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Palookaville was the best IMO. I had a shirt with them as sponsors on the front - think I've lost it now, seems so long ago since we had them.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Best - Skint
Worst - ITS/ITFirst/whatever the bloody hell it was supposed to be.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Palookaville was the best IMO. I had a shirt with them as sponsors on the front - think I've lost it now, seems so long ago since we had them.

You do realise we only had "them" to promote an FBS album, so really it was just an extension of the 'skint' sponsorship?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The whole thing surrounding Skint was so cool. All shirt sponsors have made a contribution to our club, and I am not going to bite any of the hands that fed us by naming the 'worst'.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The whole thing surrounding Skint was so cool. All shirt sponsors have made a contribution to our club, and I am not going to bite any of the hands that fed us by naming the 'worst'.

I am , nobo the worst and combined with the pink kit made us a laughing stock

Best is current one . No doubting who we are with it

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
"Nobo " all the way , closely followed by "Skint " . Classic shirt sponsorship !

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
03112006103130am3kz.jpg

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Best - Skint

Worst without a doubt Donatellos - real low point made worse by the sponsor being a two bob restuarant in Brighton really did sum as up as the small tme outfit we were back then

This absolutely

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
so what you and some others on here are leaning towards is the fact that 'The Amex' is a "cool" sounding name for a ground sponsor (as some have put it) but in 5 years time it could seriously go shit shaped. I seriously hope I don't come back with 'I told you so'

Not at all - I am suggesting that Skint was cool. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't make silly assumptions.

Although probably not the best name to put on a football shirt, NOBO, I think it stood for Notice Board or similar.
For a small company, two guys distributing the stock from some garages in Haywards Heath is a proper local success story, as Nobo products are distributed world wide by one of the biggest office products companies in the world.
Eastbourne.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sandtex was my fave - great to have red writing on a blue and white background, it was big lettering (always a must) and it co-incided with some great shirt designs, including the 'Inter Milan' away shirt.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
You do realise we only had "them" to promote an FBS album, so really it was just an extension of the 'skint' sponsorship?

I know, I used to count it / them as our sponsor though, simply because we were supporting his album. See what you're getting at, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here