Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BEST and WORST shirt sponsors we've ever had.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Personally I loved the British Caledonian shirt sponsorship. Made us look like a proper club. Was never a massive fan of watching my team run about with NOBO on their shirts, even though I loved that whole era. However, that iTS or whatever it was the other year was shocker.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Skint has been my favourite, and the worst is the its or nobo. Can't decide between them.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Personally I loved the British Caledonian shirt sponsorship. Made us look like a proper club. Was never a massive fan of watching my team run about with NOBO on their shirts, even though I loved that whole era. However, that iTS or whatever it was the other year was shocker.

This - my first ever shirt was the British Caledonian shirt....so cool!

Sent from my iPhone using the power of Greyskull

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Best - Skint was cool. Worst - Nobo made us a laughing stock.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Skint was legendary sponsorship.
It would have been pretty cool, without the name, but to be called Skint as well, iced the cake.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Best Skint.....coolest shirt sponsor in football I would say and so fitted in with how we were when we got back to Withdean.
Worse- Sandtex....Had too much to do with F***s DIY and Archer

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Best: British Caledonian Airways, then Skint
Worst: NOBO - what were they thinking?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Although probably not the best name to put on a football shirt, NOBO, I think it stood for Notice Board or similar.
For a small company, two guys distributing the stock from some garages in Haywards Heath is a proper local success story, as Nobo products are distributed world wide by one of the biggest office products companies in the world.
I would bet that those of you that work in offices use some of their products every day.
I wonder if the two that started the company are still around and still support the team, I would imagine whiteboards have earned them enough to afford a season ticket or two.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

SKINT no question,helped us through the bad times:albion2::albion2::albion2:no bad sponsors they all help the club.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Skint has been my favourite, and the worst is the its or nobo. Can't decide between them.

Would agree-also liked TSB but don't like the current one,but like the shirt,oh well

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Personally I don't like any shirt sponsers, although I have to accept that they are a fact of life these days and that it brings in revenue. I would far prefer a shirt with no adverts plastered all over it.

Having said that, the best was Skint (quite liked Nobo as being quirky and different), the worst was TSB (closely folowed by Sandtex)

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Best - Skint

Worst without a doubt Donatellos - real low point made worse by the sponsor being a two bob restuarant in Brighton really did sum as up as the small tme outfit we were back then

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Best - Skint

Worst without a doubt Donatellos - real low point made worse by the sponsor being a two bob restuarant in Brighton really did sum as up as the small tme outfit we were back then

Yes i understand and share the sentiments,but i don't agree we were small time,merely a big fish in a drought,surviving in a mud pool,until the rains came..

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This - my first ever shirt was the British Caledonian shirt....so cool!

British Caledonian was a cool sponsor, but I am not a fan of the home tops in the years we abandoned the blue and white stripes. We are Brighton it has to be blue and white stripes end of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here