Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion player during the "Gillingham Years"??

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Hart, Barker and Culverhouse were the only players to come out of that horror with any credit.

Paul Sturgess

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Culverhouse for actual quality, Hart for effort and what he gave to the club over time and Thomas for bringing something exciting (at times) to an awful time and team.

It's hard to look back at that time and compare to now, who'd of thought etc etc

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Minton for me, just shading it ahead of Rod Thomas and OGH.

The bright spots were so few and far between, but there was a brief spell there, under Nobby, when all three of those were playing, when it was actually enjoyable to travel home and away. The win at Cambridge on a Friday night was one of the few happy memories I have of those years.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And of course, the all too brief appearance of ....... Emeka Ifejiagwa !!!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Minton for me, just shading it ahead of Rod Thomas and OGH.

The bright spots were so few and far between, but there was a brief spell there, under Nobby, when all three of those were playing, when it was actually enjoyable to travel home and away. The win at Cambridge on a Friday night was one of the few happy memories I have of those years.

I was suprised how many time Minton played for us in that period. My memory is one of him being out injured for ages having been dancing the night away the night before the game. How many times did he actually play for us "home" games them??

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I was suprised how many time Minton played for us in that period. My memory is one of him being out injured for ages having been dancing the night away the night before the game. How many times did he actually play for us "home" games them??

I think it was just the enormity of the injury he picked up just before Chester away, that has made you think that. We were actually playing soem good football, and maybe even threatening to put a play-off run together. We had a "live" telly game coming up, and when the show started we were greeted with the news that Minton was out injured. We scraped a 1-1 (the Milky Bar Kid with a penalty), but Minton was out for weeks, and our form tailed off, then Nobby left and the brief run of form was gone.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Has to be Culverhouse by a country mile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here