Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion goal you've ever seen in the flesh?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
W Irvine against Aston Villa. On Match of the day also I think Gerry Ryan against Coventry on a very muddy pitch ?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
This has to be a fixtured post,no?

25th March 1972.

Not Kit Napier's goal.

The other one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mark Lawrenson v Derby, League Cup 1977/8?

Robbie Reinelt..................nuff said?

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Jimmy Case, at Highbury, 1983. Garry Williams V Forest at the Goldstone and Gerry Ryan v Man City at the Goldstone. And all of Peter Ward's goals!

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Robert codner when he scored from the centre circle at home park in a three nil win. I would guess the year as 1992 or 93.

Bob also scored an absolute cracker away at Blackpool around the same time....

Half volley from 25 yards, arrowed in the top corner!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kit Napier from the right wing under the eaves of the Goldstone's west stand to the top corner of the south stand goal.

Cant remember who it was against - maybe Notts County but maybe not. Precise strike at pace. Totally intentional.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
My favourite is Robbie Reinhelt. Had not seen an Albion away goal that season so enough said.

Danny Wilson @ Palarse in the mid 80s as I was on the Holmesdale Road end with some Palarse mates and nearly got the sh*t beat out of me!

Mentions 2 Jimmy Case semi goal, The Football Genius @ Blackpool and Calde at Charlton (both of them)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Willie Irvine vs Villa 1972 - third in MOTD Goal of the Season in the days when MOTD was about the whole football league. It was a superb flowing move with Irvine burying in the top corner from edge of area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here