Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion goal you've ever seen in the flesh?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Kit Napier from the right wing under the eaves of the Goldstone's west stand to the top corner of the south stand goal.

Cant remember who it was against - maybe Notts County but maybe not. Precise strike at pace. Totally intentional.

Kit also scored a cheeky goal don't know who against who but the goal keeper put the ball down for a goal kick and Kit walk up and kicked qinto the back of the net.?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I came close to picking Munday's wonderful strike from distance at Leicester but have instead opted for a diving header from one of the Foxes (can't remember which) in a 3-1 win away at Orient. It capped a beautiful fast move with a perfectly timed run in to he box.

Jul 5, 2003
Brian Bromley v Tranmere 11/03/1972. On a sticky pitch he got the ball just outside of his own penalty area and went on a run. Breezed past 3 or 4 Tranmere players before spotting ex-Liverpool keeper Tommy Lawrence off his line. From about 20 yards out he hit the ball sweetly over Lawrence and into the net. It was the power of his run and final shot that did it. Describing it doesn't do the goal justice. As they say, "you had to be there".
Have seen BZ's goal against Halifax several times on You-Tube. It doesn't look as good on the screen as it was watching it from behind his back as the ball was launched forward. It was his confidence in knowing where the ball was going to land that made that one but again "you had to be there". This is possibly second but Wardy scored so many spectacular goals that they all blur into one. Such a pity that only a few games were covered in the seventies and even fewer in the sixties when the likes of Smith and Napier were banging them in.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Kit also scored a cheeky goal don't know who against who but the goal keeper put the ball down for a goal kick and Kit walk up and kicked qinto the back of the net.?

Chesterfield. Keeper was Stephenson. There was a gap of quite a few minutes before Stephenson placed the ball down. Remember the game well. Willie Irvine scored the winning goal when Kit Napier intercepted a pass back to Stephenson and crossed. Stephenson was a good keeper and played a blinder, but not by Chesterfield goalkeeping standards previously.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nelson Brentford
Case HIghbury
Ryan man City
Irvine Villa
Williams Forest
Ward Swindon
Buckley Donny such emotion
I remember Gary Williams goal I was standing in the south stand it was brute and I also rember Gerry goal vers City I think we kept shouting pass the fu####g ball and going thru the mud and he scored.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Gary Williams' goal against Forest was special in so many ways. Cloughie couldn't believe it, Forest were European Champions, and we were the first team to do the double over them for donkey's years. Add to that the fact that I still couldn't really believe that were actually in the First Division... And for some reason I was in the East Stand that day, so I got a far better view than normal for a goal in the south.

However, there was something simply magical about Nelson's goal at Brentford. It did seem as though he beat half the team. And then when he got to the box, he should have cut in to shoot - but went outside first (Steve Perryman I think it was). Just ridiculous. And considering that it was just the first round of the cup, against a weaker team, that we were already beating - the crowd reaction on the day showed how special it was.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
One on Three with the Huddersfield defence.

If you are not subscribed to Seagulls Player you can see the latest Buckley goal on: Championship Round Up | Free to watch Football League Highlights | Sky Sports

Will Buckleys opens Brighton account with a smart left footer from a crafted Bruno ball into space in the penalty area from a short corner.

Will Buckley waltzes through the Town defence and the two defenders are left sitting on their behinds for the Brighton's second goal.

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Have to agree with Nelson at Brentford. How about Paul Clark at Orient as a cheeky 2nd best though. Hardest shot I've seen. A jewel in an otherwise forgettable game.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
only a few votes for that CMS goal a few weeks ago at Burnley. I reckon that is right up there. Maybe a bit more time needs to pass for it to acquire legend status.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Bob also scored an absolute cracker away at Blackpool around the same time....

Half volley from 25 yards, arrowed in the top corner!

I'll complete the hat trick of Codner nominations with a fantastic long range effort at Hartlepool in 1990-something. Can't place exactly when but I know it was when the away end was still open terrace rather than covered seats, because I distinctly remember being stood behind someone in a Mr Blobby costume as the ball thumped into the top corner.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
All things considered, Stuart Storer vS Doncaster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here