Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion Debut ??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wardy away to Hereford after they had paraded Dixie McNeil around the pitch before the kick off didnt realise that he was brown and white though!!

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It has to be Brian Wade simply because he scored 4 goals. I never saw Wardie's debut at Hereford but I agree about Alan Duffy - what a character!

Just editing for Scotty Mac: Kuipers debut was at Southend on the first day of Adams' first full season in charge. He was utter rubbish and was taken off at half-time and replaced by Mark Cartwright. If you'd told me then that Kuipers would still be at the club 6/7 years later and be the #1 'keeper I would have buried my face in my hands and sobbed.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Zamora.

Didn't realise then how massive he would be for the club, but looked different gravy from the off.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Gary Stevens at Ipswich as a 16 year old centre back was about as good as it gets.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mark morris - captain and a goal away at hartlepool in 96

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
turienzo's lovechild said:
scott, you seemed to have reeled a hell of a lot of people in with your kuipers remark:)

i know - although i think it has raised the point that 'god' is maybe not the greatest legend to ever play for the club that some people seem to think he is:)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cardboard said:
Rod Thomas

away at cambridge on a friday night chucking it down - we won 3-2 and he was immense he scored at least 1

that was my birthday - think he got one and set up the other two with mazy runs down the right, as we began a march towards the play-offs

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ian baird v chester was pretty good:bowdown:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Pork Sword said:
Remember Brian Wade getting 4 v Newcastle in i think his second game. I think his debut was away to Wolves and he scored there as well.

Remember that Newcastle game well - we were taunting Micky Quinn the entire game. "He's fat, he's round, he's rolls along the ground..."

Gozmanvov's (v Bradford? haxzy memory......)would have been awesome but the rest of the team were still trying to work out a way to get on the same planet as he was on...............

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brovian said:
It has to be Brian Wade simply because he scored 4 goals. I never saw Wardie's debut at Hereford but I agree about Alan Duffy - what a character!

It was a great performance but it wasn't his debut but his third appearance for us.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Turienzo!!! :flameboun :clap2: :clap2: :bounce: :flameboun :clap2:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Could Razak be a contender due to his excellent display on Saturday?

Had a quick look through this old thread and couldn’t see it mentioned – wasn’t Darren Freeman’s hat trick against Mansfield in the first Withdean game his league debut for us?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wardy away to Hereford after they had paraded Dixie McNeil around the pitch before the kick off didnt realise that he was brown and white though!!

And the Bull. Maradonna has nothing on the Dixie McNeill goal.

Legend has always had it for the Kit Napier two goals in five against Peterborough, but I missed the game.

I can't remember any more. Tony Towner against Luton was uplifting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here