Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion Debut ??

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Scotty Mac said:
kuipers has never done anything wrong in his albion career, so i imagine his debut was IMMENSE

Even as a die-hard FDM fan, I can freely admit that his debut was shockingly crap.

I think he was substituted at half-time or just after due to being so poor.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Just sums up how little real talent we have had in the last 10 years when the YOOF mention bottom feeders such as the dodgy Argy who is still laughing in our faces now and the equally inept Um Bongo in the same thread as Peter Ward, Kit Napier and Danny Wilson.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Scotty Mac said:
kuipers has never done anything wrong in his albion career, so i imagine his debut was IMMENSE

Yeah right, substituted at half time :lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

Seagull Stew said:
Darren Freeman.

A Hat-trick, a 6-0 win, and our first (competitive) game back in Brighton!
Back in Brighton that was the first ever League match in Brighton actually

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think the first time I saw Peter Ward was away at Hereford - was that his debut?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
perseus said:
We knew he had to be good putting Fred Binney in the shade, and the other side had the renowned Dixie McNeil. And who was the best striker in Division 3, Dixie McNeil or Fred Binney?

Gawd knows how many were at Hereford, the ground was bursting at the seams with 18,000 or so and Albion had already blown promotion.

That's not true: we blew promotion when we lost to Millwall and drew with Aldershot over Easter - we were still very much in the hunt at Hereford.

Wardy's debut must be one of the best but I'm with DKM on this: Alan Duffy didn't just score, he scored an absolute screamer. With his long hair and his talent, we thought we'd signed a lower-league George Best, but, unfortunately, it was only in his drink consumption that he could match Bestie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here