Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bertin on trial at.....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
we going to miss him this summer, got no one to sweep up in front on the back 4 and give that bit of added protection

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
our midfield as it stand looks pretty weak...another season of toil i think...Bertin protected the back 4 quite well now we need someone else to do the same job otherwise butts legendary turn of pace will be shown up !!!!!

This is dissapointing news. But I am not really shocked. He is obviously looking for more money than we could offer. That's football I am afraid. There isn't much loyalty when players get offered better money at other clubs. The only real loyalty is from us, the fans.
I was told last season that his agent was saying he could get him better deals at Championship clubs.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
our midfield as it stand looks pretty weak...another season of toil i think...Bertin protected the back 4 quite well now we need someone else to do the same job otherwise butts legendary turn of pace will be shown up !!!!!
Indeed.

I think El-Abd can do an ok job as a pure hatchet man, he doesn't have the timing, positioning, or class on the ball of Bertin though. And the other options are Fraser and Reid. I think it is the position that we most need to strengthen.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Indeed.

I think El-Abd can do an ok job as a pure hatchet man, he doesn't have the timing, positioning, or class on the ball of Bertin though. And the other options are Fraser and Reid. I think it is the position that we most need to strengthen.

exactomundo

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Indeed.

................and has been for some time. If you do not create from midfield you do not score goals. A good as Forster maybe if he does not get the service then he will find it tough.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Indeed.

If we went down that route, El Abd would spend more than half the season suspended!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Luton sign anotehr midfielder

Luton have signed midfielder Don Hutchison on a one-year contract.
The ex-Scotland international, 36, was released after an 18-month spell with the Coventry at the end of last season.

Hutchison only played in 14 games for Coventry last term, starting three times, as he was restricted by a troublesome ankle injury.

He won 25 Scotland caps, scoring six goals and enjoyed spells with West Ham Liverpool, West Ham, Sheffield United and Everton among others.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have Luton had a windfall, or sold someone for big money? I'm not sure that they are well supported enough to fund all these players they seem to be acquiring just through the turnstiles surely.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Have Luton had a windfall, or sold someone for big money? I'm not sure that they are well supported enough to fund all these players they seem to be acquiring just through the turnstiles surely.
Leon Barnett to West Brom for £2½m, bargain too I tell thee.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If he thinks a trial at Luton is a step up, then f*** him, I don't want the fella.

El-Abd did a pretty good in that holding role, IMHO, and he's Brighton through and through.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
El Abd is not, and never will be, a midfielder. He lacks the awareness, speed of thought, pace, and most of all skill to play in a midfield role. I quite like him as a defender, and would keep him on that basis, but never as a midfielder. We desperately need a new signing here.

Spot on! El-Abd is just not gonna make it in that position... RB cover is his role...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here