Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bertin is this fixtures...........................

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Alex WHO?

Oh the one who had two or three shit games, about 3 decent games, then another 2 or 3 shit ones - that Alex I get you.

Then got ideas above his station threw a "gallic strop" thought he was better than he actually is....got BOMBED OUT by Luton after a trial at the beginning of the season...and people still want him back.

SAKE

Spot on. It seems all that's needed for some fans to do a complete opinion U-turn is to hear a player admit they regret walking away. Sorry, doesn't change the fact for me that he was average and no better than what we have (as borne out by the lack of takers for his services).

Personally I admire the way this club stands up to the likes of Hammond, Savage, Bertin, O'Callaghan, etc and actually tries to redress the shift of power to the agents/players in the game. We take a tough stance in negotiations based on financial necessity (therefore sensibly run), and have a Chairman that isn't particularly tolerant of liberty takers. Hard but fair in my book, and those players that walk are not the type I want back.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Personally I admire the way this club stands up to the likes of Hammond, Savage, Bertin, O'Callaghan.

I know its all in the past etc etc and I have completely let it go but I have to pull you up on that one - in what way exactly did the club "stand up" to O'Callaghan. I think there are some absolute fairytales going round about the circumstances of his exit.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I know its all in the past etc etc and I have completely let it go but I have to pull you up on that one - in what way exactly did the club "stand up" to O'Callaghan. I think there are some absolute fairytales going round about the circumstances of his exit.

I certainly wasn't citing any sort of 'fairytale' about O'Callaghan. My meaning was that the club could have succumbed to media stories (and resulting fans unrest) about allegations that the club was poor/unfair in its contract negotiations. I am inferring there that GOC sparked or at least added his weight to those media stories. The club could have reacted by upping their terms, but instead (from what I could see) they stood up to their detractors and stuck to their guns over existing contract offers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spot on. It seems all that's needed for some fans to do a complete opinion U-turn is to hear a player admit they regret walking away. Sorry, doesn't change the fact for me that he was average and no better than what we have (as borne out by the lack of takers for his services).

Personally I admire the way this club stands up to the likes of Hammond, Savage, Bertin, O'Callaghan, etc and actually tries to redress the shift of power to the agents/players in the game. We take a tough stance in negotiations based on financial necessity (therefore sensibly run), and have a Chairman that isn't particularly tolerant of liberty takers. Hard but fair in my book, and those players that walk are not the type I want back.
What he said.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Good points :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here