Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bertin is this fixtures...........................

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
And he wasn't even that good.

Well he was better than Kerry Mayo and considering he is our current back-up midfielder (it seems) no wonder people want Bertin to come back and provide a bit more depth.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Most overrated player i've seen in the stripes.

Thomson is much better.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Without wanting to embarrass posters on NSC I wish people would attend games and NOT just concentrate on the ball. Have a look at players off the ball, then you may, just may have a different opinion of how good or bad certain players are.

Ball watching is often the most entertaining option but doesn't tell the full story.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I mean the alternatives to partner Thomson, he's a 100% given as a starter in our team. Maybe we could get him on the cheap if he wanted to play for us so much.

He's not an attacking midfielder. How many more defensive ones do we need?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I would take him back straight away. He may not be as good as ST but we need some decent competition in the squad if we are seriously going to aspire for the playoffs

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Alex WHO?

Oh the one who had two or three shit games, about 3 decent games, then another 2 or 3 shit ones - that Alex I get you.

Then got ideas above his station threw a "gallic strop" thought he was better than he actually is....got BOMBED OUT by Luton after a trial at the beginning of the season...and people still want him back.

SAKE

Alex WHO?

Oh the one who had two or three shit games, about 3 decent games, then another 2 or 3 shit ones - that Alex I get you.

Then got ideas above his station threw a "gallic strop" thought he was better than he actually is....got BOMBED OUT by Luton after a trial at the beginning of the season...and people still want him back.

SAKE

Yes, that one.

But do take into account the people who do want him back are simple.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Get him back now - a midfield comprising him and Thompson, with Martot also stepping in, could be WELL TASTY. And chapeau to him for having big enough balls to admit that he and his old agent screwed up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good --------------------------------------------------------------- Less so
|...Thomson..Bertin............Fraser..Martot..El Abd......Mayo......|

larus

Like all things in life, it's opinions.

I thought he was a very good player and I would take him back. He always seemed to be in the rightplace, timed his tackles very well and did good easy distribution.

Maybe some of the posters on here think that unless you're spraying 35 yard passes all the time, you're no good.

The real skill is in the intricate one-two's that create space but retain possession. The long passes are spectacular when they come off, but more often than not lose you possession. When you're under pressure, being able to keep the ball is so important.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I didn't mind him, he was a decent player, but he's not what we need now. We need someone with a bit of creative spark in midfield, and I'd say Bertin is more of a Thomson.
Whilst I agree with that, there's nothing wrong with competition for places and having decent back up. The man knows he was wrong, he wants to wear the stripes again and if he did I daresay he would try that little bit harder. It's a bit like ditching your bird for a better looking one, only to find out that she is a complete mentalist, if the original takes you back you're going to put more effort in aren't you.
Get him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here