Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bertin do we want him back now

Do you want Bertin back?

• Total voters

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I asked about Bertin the second time and I will reluctantly accept Dick and Dean's comments. I just hope that it doesn't come back to bite us.

As for 'what will the other players think?' - I could cynically say 'nothing that the win bonuses wouldn't compensate for'. If the implication is that these players would go on strike should Bertin return then I would question their presence in the team too. They're supposed to be professional after all.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Indeed. It's a job, and one they're well paid to do. It's not their place to get the hump if Bertin comes back. Do they think Forster came because he loves the club so much, or because the money was right?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes, my source is DICK KNIGHT at the forum tonight:lolol: Quite reliable, wouldn't you say?!

Knight and Wilkins seemed EXTREMELY against even contemplating bringing him back, as he quite clearly does not want to play for us. Knight said something along the lines of "How do you think the dressing room would feel? They know he walked out on us." In fact, when Wilkins was having a little rant about him, it ended up with people applauding, so I think we can safely say we have seen the last of Mr Bertin.

Hmmm...... the point about the dressing room is a good one. It's a pity because we won't find a player as good as him easily but if it will upset the team then it has to be the right decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here