Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bertin at Withdean yesterday............

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Wilkins is going to watch him next week he told my himself last night

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I so wish that it was true and that we were considering resigning him but cannot see DK agreeing to it.

i think if Dean wants him, Knight wouldnt stop him out of spite,,,,would he?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I spoke to DK in the car park when it was suggested earlier in the season and he said, in as many words, he shit on us he can go f..k himself. He did add he would never come back to this club while I am chairman, I gave him the chance and he abused it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I spoke to DK in the car park when it was suggested earlier in the season and he said, in as many words, he shit on us he can go f..k himself. He did add he would never come back to this club while I am chairman, I gave him the chance and he abused it.

If he wants to cut his nose to spite his face, then he is not the man I thought he was.

At the end of the day its not Dick Knights Club........if Wilkins wants Bertin then its up to the chairman to finance it.......

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
We should certainly consider signing him. He would be a good addition to the squad and certainly MUCH better than Jake, Fraser or Loft on yesterday's showing.

Agree 100%
I think he'd be better than a good addition to the squad and if he's eating humble pie why should we not sign him ? His agent lied to him so it's not Bertin's fault. I would welcome him back with open arms. As for the other three you mentioned I thought they were all awful yesterday and have been so for much of the season. Robinson has had so many chances and consistently fails to impress. Fraser's tackling borders on either wussy or thuggy and I am sure that Loft was just thrown in yesterday for his last hurrah. Play Bertin at the base of the pyramid and Thomson at the top (where he has admitted he prefers to play) and we could actually have a half decent midfield for once next season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agree 100%
I

. Play Bertin at the base of the pyramid and Thomson at the top (where he has admitted he prefers to play) and we could actually have a half decent midfield for once next season

I agree and that then frees up Adam El Abd, assuming he signs his new cintract to play in his favourite and best position of central defence.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths

Ironically I spoke to Dick Knight on the back of a bus and he told me he thought Bertin was a really nice chap and mentioned how he would love to bring back a player who avoids using swear words when describing ex-team mates.

Your either trying to make DK look worst by suggesting he would talk to an outsider (who uses nsc) in a carpark using swear words to describe the chances of having Bertin back, or your trying to make Bertin look like a player who purposely tried to screw the club over (ie Harding) which we all know isn't true, which one?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ironically I spoke to Dick Knight on the back of a bus and he told me he thought Bertin was a really nice chap and mentioned how he would love to bring back a player who avoids using swear words when describing ex-team mates.

Your either trying to make DK look worst by suggesting he would talk to an outsider (who uses nsc) in a carpark using swear words to describe the chances of having Bertin back, or your trying to make Bertin look like a player who purposely tried to screw the club over (ie Harding) which we all know isn't true, which one?

The ONLY time Ive ever heard a swear word uttered from a directors' lips was Mr Chapman's comment about Bellotti.

Who as we all know is a ****.

With a pig awful scouse shagging missus

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The ONLY time Ive ever heard a swear word uttered from a directors' lips was Mr Chapman's comment about Bellotti.

That doesn't count as swearing, that counts as fair comment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Skidmarks::

If you read the post again you will see that I did not say that DK swore about him but that was my interpretation of his view. I am not trying to make either out as an ogre, just pointing out that DK said he had let him, us, the club down and would never sign for us again whilst he was chairman.

Just to reiterate I was walking to the turnstiles and DK had just parked his car and I asked him specifically about the chances of Bertin signing for us again, this was earlier in the season when there was a rumour going about that he didnt have a club and was possibly going to resign for us.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not just ANOTHER defensive midfielder, Richie. A BETTER defensive midfielder than any we currently have, would be more accurate.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Attacking goal scoring midfielders are at a premium so if we could get him in as the defensive one with Cox out wide and release Thomson to go forward then that would be an ideal situation and probably within our price range.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I saw him in town on friday afternoon, martot and bertin, a friend nd i had a chat

with the two, both great lads, Bertain said he hates playing for were he does now

and wants to play in england and would want to sign for us again and was hoping

to, but he didnt no, as for martot he wants to stay and really enjoyed playing for

us this season! he said he would love bertain to sign so they could play together,

he thinks we have a good team and was proud of the teams performance this year.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can someone clarify if this is the SAME Bertin that had a TRIAL at RELEGATED Luton after wanting bigger and better things and even they DIDNT sign him?

Personally I found him too inconsistent and yes he looked ok but we were a poor team last season so it wasnt difficult.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd love to have him back. Better than Racon imo - at least more consistently reliable.

Even if there turns out to be no room for him and Thomson in the 11, there's certainly room in the squad, or is anybody going to suggest that Fraser is a realistic option?

Squads win things - not teams

At this point, his acceptance of terms favourable to us, is sufficient humble pie. He's already said sorry and admitted he made a mistake.

Doubt we'd sign him AND Leven though.

That's what I was gonna say, forget whether he'd be first team or not, he'd make our strength in depth better and you need that to be succesful. However, I wouldn't read anything into at all, probably just come to visit Martot and say hello.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here